Registered Nurse - Adult Outpatient Mental Health
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
Reporting to the Manager of Outpatient Mental Health, the applicant′s role will be to provide treatment to adults in a mental health outpatient setting . The RN will provide coverage for the Clozaril Clinic ,Injection Clinic, ECT, Urgent Care, and Adult Day programs.
• Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Competency in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification based on the Ontario Heart and Stroke Standards
• Minimum 5 years current working experience in adult mental health
• Demonstrated well-developed knowledge of common psychiatric disorders
• Demonstrated knowledge and skill in mental health nursing, crisis assessment and therapeutic intervention
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of individual and group counselling and psychoeducation
• Demonstrated knowledge of ECT policy and procedure
• Demonstrated knowledge of psychotropic administration
• Ability to do physical assessments, monitor vital signs and saline locks
• Ability to work independently, exercising sound clinical judgement
• Excellent knowledge of community resources and liaison/referral experience
• Proven psychiatric assessment skills
• Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in a stressful environment with unpredictable
• Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with patients, families, all levels of staff, psychiatrists and the community
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the position
• Demonstrated pattern of good attendance
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.