Pharmacist, CEN Pharmacy Department
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
Reporting to Manager of Pharmacy, the successful candidate will be responsible for assessing, planning implementation and evaluating patient care and practice activities in a multidisciplinary environment. The Pharmacist is responsible for order processing, dispensing and formulation, evaluation of patient therapy, provision of medication, patient education/counselling. Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy.
• Licensed to practice with the Ontario College of Pharmacists.
• Completion of a hospital residency or previous hospital dispensing and clinical experience.
• Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills. Ability to work well in stressful situations.
• Demonstrated good communication skills including strong documentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with patients, families, all levels of staff and the community.
• Exposure to Lean principles, an understanding of methodologies and tools and a commitment to the use of these in support of providing the best healthcare experience possible to our patients.
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN’s comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public.
• Demonstrates values consistent with SHN′s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
• Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards.
• Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community.
• Excellent work performance and attendance.
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.