Research Ethics Administrator
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|March 19, 2019|
|Term Vacancy Notice|
|One year from start date|
|Vice Pres., Research & Innov.|
| 20002784 |
|OPSEU - 12 ($67,337.61 - $85,301.29)|
|36.25 hours per week|
|Legal Counsel and Senior Director, Applied Research & Commercialization and Research Grants|
|Guaranteed return to home|
How to applyApply online before: Sunday March 24, 2019 (4:30pm)
At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path to become Canada’s leading comprehensive innovation university. Integral to this path is the placement of equity, diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our institutional culture. Our current academic plan outlines each as core values and we work to embed them in all that we do.
As an employer, we’re working towards a people first culture and we’re proud to have been selected as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employer for 2015, 2016, and 2017. To learn more about our work environment and innovative educational environment, visit http://www.ryerson.ca, check out @RyersonU, @RyersonHR, and @RyersonECI on Twitter, and visit our LinkedIn company page.
Office of the Vice-President Research and Innovation
As Canada’s comprehensive innovation university, Ryerson University engages in scholarly, research and creative (SRC) activity that addresses real-world challenges to drive economic growth and improve quality of life for Canadians.
Innovation is at the core of our research mandate. Our centres and institutes bring together faculty and industry partners to solve research problems and provide opportunities for students to learn.
Our strong focus on innovation and evidence-based research has made us a preferred partner for government, industry, not-for-profit organizations, communities and individuals. Together, we are improving processes, developing new technologies and services, and creating new companies and social enterprises.
As the Research Ethics Administrator, you will provide effective day-to-day support of the University’s Research Ethics Board (REB) and Animal Care Committee (ACC) in the administration of the ethics review process by coordinating meetings, and processing research ethics submissions through all stages of the review, in accordance with the regulations and guidelines governing human research participant and animal research protection. You will bring your knowledge of research ethics to make recommendations, provide advice, and participate in discussions.
To help us learn more about you, please provide a cover letter and resume describing how you meet the following required qualifications:
- Completion of a 4-year post-secondary Bachelor’s degree program in a related field and a minimum of two years of experience in a research environment with experience in research ethics review processes, in a support role capacity is required.
- Familiarity with federal ethics guidelines and related provincial guidelines with respect to privacy and ethics.
- Sound familiarity with university culture and context, including familiarity with the range of university disciplines and academic discourse; nature of university scholarly, research and creative activities.
- Strong organization and coordination skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment; flexibility to effectively prioritize and ensure completion of work; to change priorities as the need arises; to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy and patience; sound judgment and demonstrated professionalism are required to effectively carry out the requirements of the position.
- Candidates may be asked to demonstrate qualifications through an occupational test.
- Candidates must have demonstrated record of dependability/reliability and a commitment to maintain confidentiality.
- Applications can be accepted only online through the Ryerson Career Opportunities page.
Return to Job PostingsApply for this job