Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|March 12, 2019|
|Term Vacancy Notice|
|6 Months From Start Date|
|HR, Consulting & Employ Rel.|
| 20001902 |
|MAC - B22 ($44,107 - $66,160)|
|36.25 hours per week|
|Strategic Lead Recruitment|
How to applyApply online before: Sunday March 24, 2019 (4:30pm)
At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path to become Canada’s leading comprehensive innovation university. To learn more about our work environment, colleagues, leaders, students and innovative educational environment, visit http://www.ryerson.ca, check out @RyersonU and @RyersonHR on Twitter, and visit our LinkedIn company page. Equity, diversity and inclusion are part of our DNA at Ryerson and we’re intentional about making sure these values are part of everything we do. As employers, we’re working towards a people first culture and we’re proud to have been selected as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2015, 2016, and 2017.
A bit about our team
We are a team of human resources experts and innovators who contribute to the achievement of Ryerson University’s strategic priorities. We partner with our clients to create and deliver outstanding practical and strategic human resource solutions, programs and services that enhance workplace culture, engagement and inclusion. You can find out more about our people first philosophy and values by reading about who we are and what we do online. As the primary strategic HR partners for faculties and departments, we’re committed to providing holistic support to create successful workplaces. Together with HR staff, we provide consultation and advice to employees and leaders on a number of topics including recruitment strategies, labour relations and collective agreement interpretation, organizational effectiveness, strategic reviews and accommodation support.
The Human Resources Consulting team is looking for an HR assistant on a 6-month term to provide administrative support to the recruitment process.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Posting vacancies to the Ryerson career site and external job boards.
- Assisting with resume screening against posted criteria.
- Coordinating interviews including calendar management, room bookings preparation of packages and candidate invitations.
- Administering both internal and external candidate assessment.
- Assisting with scheduling and conducting references.
To help us learn more about you, please provide a cover letter and resume describing how you meet the following required qualifications:
Post-secondary diploma in human resources or a business-related field.
- A minimum of 1-2 years related experience in an HR or similar environment.
- Experience working with and understanding of the recruitment function from start to finish is preferred.
- Exposure to an applicant tracking system is an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) are required to communicate with applicants/employees.
- Good decision -making and problem-solving skills are required in order to work independently and without constant supervision.
- Candidates may be asked to demonstrate qualifications through occupational tests.
- Candidates must have a demonstrated record of dependability/reliability and a commitment to maintain confidentiality.
- Applications can only be accepted online via our website with a cover letter and resume (as one PDF).
Return to Job PostingsApply for this job