Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|March 12, 2019|
|Term Vacancy Notice|
|1 Year From Start Date|
|HR, Consulting & Employ Rel.|
| 10001574 |
|MAC - C41 ($56,141 - $89,825)|
|36.25 hours per week|
|Sr. HR Consultant|
How to applyApply online before: Sunday March 24, 2019 (4:30pm)
At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path to become Canada’s leading comprehensive innovation university. To learn more about our work environment, colleagues, leaders, students and innovative educational environment, visit http://www.ryerson.ca, check out @RyersonU and @RyersonHR on Twitter, and visit our LinkedIn company page. Equity, diversity and inclusion are part of our DNA at Ryerson and we’re intentional about making sure these values are part of everything we do. As employers, we’re working towards a people first culture and we’re proud to have been selected as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2015, 2016, and 2017.
A bit about our team
We are a team of human resources experts and innovators who contribute to the achievement of Ryerson University’s strategic priorities. We partner with our clients to create and deliver outstanding practical and strategic human resource solutions, programs and services that enhance workplace culture, engagement and inclusion. You can find out more about our people first philosophy and values by reading about who we are and what we do online. As the primary strategic HR partners for faculties and departments, we’re committed to providing holistic support to create successful workplaces. Together with HR staff, we provide consultation and advice to employees and leaders on a number of topics including recruitment strategies, labour relations and collective agreement interpretation, organizational effectiveness, strategic reviews and accommodation support.
The Human Resources Consulting team at Ryerson is looking for a savvy HR Advisor who is passionate about matching people with the right opportunities and thrives in a complex multi-union environment. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with hiring leaders to lead full cycle recruitment process for job vacancies, including developing a sourcing strategy, designing job postings and interview packages, reviewing resumes, conducting interviews, preparing and extending employment offers and tracking recruitment progress and status to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Acting as the main point of contact for internal/external job applicants, providing consultation and follow-up at each phase of the recruitment process to ensures a positive and professional experience for each candidate.
- Collaborates with human resources consultants to support leaders on employee and labour relations issues for assigned client group.
- Research and analysis to prepare reports on a wide range of employment related issues.
This is a 12-month Term Opportunity
Ready to contribute to a culture of innovation and transformation? To help us learn more about you please provide a cover letter and resume detailing how you meet the following specific qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Administration or a related field.
- Four (4) years full-cycle recruitment experience in a large, unionized organization, with multiple unions.
- Completion of CHRP (Certified Human Resources Professional) is considered an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with the interpretation and application of employment legislation (e.g. Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, Employment Equity principles) and collective agreement/policy provisions.
- Experience working with a human resources management system (HRMS). Proficiency in the use of MS Office and other web based applications.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Well-developed organizational, administrative and time management skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Sound decision-making and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent note taking skills;
- In-depth understanding of functional areas of responsibility;
- Strong client service and administrative skills;
- Patience, tact, diplomacy and the ability to work under pressure and within tight timelines;
- Candidates may be asked to demonstrate qualifications through occupational tests.
- Candidates must have a demonstrated record of dependability/reliability and a commitment to maintain confidentiality.
- Applications can only be accepted online via our website with a cover letter and resume (as one PDF).
Return to Job PostingsApply for this job