The Simcoe Muskoka Regional Cancer Program is one of fourteen in the province of Ontario. As the Registered Nurse (RN) you are a professional caregiver who is responsible and accountable for providing quality patient care within a delivery model in accordance with the philosophy, policies and standards of care of the Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH), the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) and all relevant legislation. In this role you will assess, plan, coordinate and manage care of Medical/Oncology/Palliative patients and families in conjunction with an interdisciplinary team and according to hospital and department policies and procedures.
As a qualified candidate you will need have the following job requirements:
• Registered Nurse with current Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Post Graduate Education, Oncology or Palliative Nursing (RN) Course preferred
• Post Graduate Education, Gerontology Nursing (RN) Course preferred
• CNA Certification in Oncology or Palliative an asset
• de Souza Chemotherapy certification required
• One (1) year current progressive experience in acute care Nursing required
• Current BCLS Certificate within one (1) year required
• Certification and/or Education from a relevant Research Program (SOCRA, ACRP) preferred
• Current CPR registration required
• Minimum 3 years recent oncology nursing experience in the inpatient or ambulatory care setting required
• Clinical trials experience preferred
• Computer literacy in current software applications
• Demonstrated commitment to the professional growth and development of self and others
• Demonstrated commitment to the concepts of Continuous Quality Improvement and Customer Service
• Experience in Chemotherapy Administration preferred
• Experience in TPN preferred
• Central Venous Access Devise (CVAD) experience preferred
• Proficiency in Wound Care preferred
• Palliative Care nursing experience an asset
• Experience with Total Patient Care Model of Nursing preferred
You will be a great fit for this position if you have:
• Knowledge of regulatory issues involving human subjects
• Demonstrated relevant clinical research skills
• Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent organizational and prioritization skills
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to learn quickly and work independently
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrates critical thinking skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
• Demonstrates interest and commitment to professional growth of self and others
• Demonstrates an interest in maintaining a high standard of patient care
• Functions independently within scope of practice
• Sound problem solving, communication (oral and written), conflict resolution and decision making skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Sound knowledge of nursing process and responsibilities of profession
• Ability to learn about, from and with other members of the patient care team to foster a strong Interprofessional model of care
Unless otherwise stated applicants must have a minimum educational requirement of Grade 12 or equivalent and must demonstrate proven workplace excellence through commitment to strong job performance and attendance.
Please be reminded that as a Regional Health Centre, in order to provide the necessary patient care, our operations run 24/7. Therefore, depending on the program for which you are applying, it may be an expectation that you are available to work week days and weekends, as well as all shifts - days, evenings, and nights.
RVH is committed to diversity and employment equity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to a diverse workplace.
Accommodation in the Workplace
RVH offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process, and is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). RVH will work proactively through all stages of recruitment to create a barrier-free process and to provide accommodations as required. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please contact Human Resources at 705-739-5605.
Health & Safety Workplace Responsibilities
- Must adhere to the duties of workers, as stipulated in Section 28 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Must adhere to all RVH administrative and applicable departmental occupational health and safety policies, procedures and protocol.
- Must adhere to Bill 132 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act in regards to the Sexual Violence and Harassment Action Plan Act, and creating a work environment free of psychological harassment.
- Must be able to perform all bona fide essential duties in the position description, which may include lifting and moving patients, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, etc.
- Must complete a pre-employment health assessment, including review of the Job Demands Analysis for the position, as a condition of employment.
- Must strive to continuously provide a safe and supportive environment for patients, staff, physicians, and volunteers.
Our Code of Conduct
All staff, physicians, volunteers, service providers and students are committed to creating a positive, respectful work environment for each other and our patients and families.
RVH is guided by its MY CARE strategic plan which puts patients and families at the centre of all we do.
Make each life better. Together.
Our Mission Statement
Exceptional care is our passion.
People are our inspiration.
Safety is our promise.
Work Together | Respect All | Think Big | Own It | Care
If you are interested in joining our inspiring team, please apply online before 1100pm EST on the posting close date. Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If interviewed, an accompanying portfolio may be required which will include documented evidence of course completion. An inclusive, barrier-free selection process will be provided as required under RVHs Employment Accommodation Policy. Applicants need to make their needs known to Human Resources in advance and information related to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
As part of the mandatory screen process RVH requires professional references, verification of academic training, professional accreditation, plus a current Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.