The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) showcases art, culture and nature from around the world and across the ages. Among the top 10 cultural institutions in North America, Canada’s largest and most comprehensive museum is home to a world-class collection of 13 million artworks, cultural objects and natural history specimens, featured in 40 gallery and exhibition spaces.
The office of the ROM Governors is responsible for all philanthropic activities in support of the Museum’s highest priorities. Its work enables the ROM to better serve its diverse and ever-changing community, by fostering long-term sustainable relationships of exceptional value both to the institution and its donors.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
The Administrator, Philanthropy is the critical administrative support to the Philanthropy portfolio of revenue programs of the ROM Governors, in an active and fast-paced campaign environment. The ideal candidate should possess keen interest and competency in administrative tasks as well as a demonstrated understanding of fundraising best practices and experience in pipeline management. Reporting to the Vice President, Philanthropy, the Administrator has a professional and polished demeanor and interacts with the Museum’s most engaged supporters.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
Administrative Support to Philanthropy Leadership: Provide direct administrative support to the VP, Philanthropy. Periodically provide administrative support to revenue program leads in Corporate, Donor Circles and Annual Giving, Philanthropy and Legacy, including the processing of expenses and accounts payable. Lead the scheduling, preparation, management and execution of logistics for internal and external meetings of small and/or large groups, including cultivation tours and events, in collaboration with relationship managers and colleagues within the Museum.
Data Management and Gift Support Processes: Responsible for accurate and timely data entry for donor and prospect records, including contacts, proposals and strategies using Raiser’s Edge. Work collaboratively with Operations to ensure Philanthropy team activities are supported with accurate and timely reports. Lead gift processes for philanthropic gifts, including thank you letters and pledge reminders deployment, as well as tracking actions, proposals, media, and follow-up activities as required in Raiser’s Edge in collaboration with Relationships Managers.
Pipeline Management for Leadership: Proactively prompt and facilitate fundraising activity led by the VP, Philanthropy, as well as Executive and Senior Leadership. Ensure communication flows between teams and staff as actions are completed in support of key strategies. Identify process improvements and work with colleagues to implement for a high-performance fundraising team.
Other duties as required.
- Reports to Vice President, Philanthropy
- Maintains a close working relationship with all ROM Governors staff with particular focus on fundraising program staff, Database Specialist and Gift Processor
- Interfaces with a variety of ROM departments including Executive Office, Curatorial and Facilities Staff
- Donors, members and prospects.
Education & Experience:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma
- A minimum of three (3) years’ proven experience in an administrative position, preferably in a fast-paced fundraising environment
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge database an asset
- Diploma or certificate in Fundraising Management an asset
Core Competencies & Values (Technical & Soft Skills/Abilities):
- Strong abilities to efficiently organize and manage a diverse range of assignments while meeting multiple deadlines, along with thorough attention to all details and consistent follow through.
- A demonstrated understanding of campaign fundraising and the ability to assist in the execution of donor-centred strategies to support fundraising priorities.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and multi-player environment requiring flexibility and adaptability.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent word processing skills and experience with The Raisers Edge, Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams and PowerPoint.
- Good interpersonal skills and professional presence necessary to interact with donors, patrons, senior volunteers, senior Museum staff and other stakeholders.
- Resourcefulness and independence, while remaining comfortable working within the framework of a team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the vision, mission and values of the Museum and role of the ROM Governors.
- A flexible schedule that allows for multiple after-hours events and meetings.
How to Apply
Reports to: Vice President, Philanthropy
Starting Date: January 2020 (This position and all ROM Governors staff are currently working remotely, as a result, recruitment will occur via MS Teams. Access to the building is permitted as required for donor activities, pending guidance of the province ongoing.)
Resumes will be accepted until 5:00 pm on December 3, 2020. Please send to: Linda Knox, Human Resources Manager, Royal Ontario Museum Governors, submit an application by email ONLY to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include #2020-070 – Admin Philanthropy in the subject line.
The ROM Governors is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The ROM Governors wishes to thank all who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The ROM Governors is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) to applicants invited to an interview.