Registered Nurse - Cardiac Diagnostic Services (BIR)
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
Reports to the Manager of Diagnostic Services, you will be responsible for providing excellent care to a diverse patient population in Cardiac Testing and on occasion in the Out-patient Cardiac Procedure Room. Responsibilities include providing diagnostic support for the physician in the diagnosis of cardiac disorders, cardiac stress testing, stress-echo, TEE′s Dolbutamine Echo, and Persantine Cardiolite. As a Registered Nurse, you will practice according to the current standards of practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario, the Standards of Nursing Practice, policies and procedures of Scarborough Health Network. You will also provide high quality nursing care to patients and their families, based on the philosophy and conceptual framework of Nursing of Scarborough Health Network. You may be scheduled at any SHN campus based on departmental needs.
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Current BCLS/ACLS
• Recent related Cardiology experience, preferably 2 to 3 years minimum
• Demonstrated ability in 12 Lead ECG/Arrhythmia interpretation, testing given
• Current certification in Added Nursing Skills: IV initiation, adding medications below the drip chamber
• Proven patient assessment skills
• Proven ability to work well as a member of the team, plus the ability to work independently as required
• Proven ability to network with interdisciplinary team to facilitate seamless care between the Hospital and community
• Demonstrates values consistent with SHN′s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation
• Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
• Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
• Excellent work performance and attendance
• Physical Assessment, Coronary Care Courses I and II
• Clinical and technical experience/expertise in stress testing, TEE, Dobutamine Echo, and Persantine Cardiolite.
• Ability to speak another language is an asset
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.