Registered Nurse - BR Assessment Centre
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada′s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America′s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Reporting to the Manager, you will be responsible for screening and assessing a large number of patients with mild to moderate signs of COVID-19 to our new Assessment Centre. You will provide high quality nursing care to patients and their families, based on the philosophy and conceptual framework of Nursing Practice at Scarborough Health Network (SHN).You may be scheduled at any SHN hospital based on departmental needs.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing
• Current BLS certification
• Experience completing nasopharyngeal swabs
• Conduct assessment of patients with signs and symptoms of COVID-19
• Evidence of sound organizational & prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations
• Excellent communication, documentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with patients, families, all levels of staff and the community
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers & other members of the community and public
• Ability to work well independently and exercise sound judgement
• Demonstrates values consistent with SHN′s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation
• Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
• Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
• Excellent work performance and attendance
• BScN preferred
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community′s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.