Length: Temporary Part-Time (for approximately 4 months)
Department/Division: Community Services/Seniors’ Services
Hours of Work: 35 hours bi-weekly, 3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m./11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
Supported Housing Pattern: Wk 1: Tue, Wed;
Wk 2: Thu, Fri, Sat;
Wk 3: Sun, Wed;
Wk 4: Tue, Sat.
Union: Unifor Local 1106
Wage: $20.32 – $21.55 per hour
Location: Sunnyside Supportive Housing, 247 Franklin St. N., Kitchener
Closing Date: May 31, 2020
• Knowledge of Regional policies and procedures established for Supported Living, Sunnyside Home.
• Functional knowledge of the proper operation and use of equipment related to the job duties and of the proper use and handling of cleaning agents, including Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System training.
• A tuberculosis (TB) test and annual influenza immunization are required.
• Must possess and maintain a current and valid Emergency First Aid Certificate, CPR Certificate, and Safe Food Handling Practices Certificate.
• Organizational, time management, and problem solving skills to work independently, adhere to schedules, prioritize tasks and complete work in a timely manner. Must be able to work alone during the night shift.
• Human relations and communication skills in order to pleasantly and professionally respond to demands; communicate effectively in a supportive manner with tenants, their families, and staff; and to participate as an effective team member.
• Computer skills with ability to use software such as Microsoft Outlook to read emails, complete forms and requisitions, and communicate safety issues.
• Ability to read and understand policy, procedural and instructive material; tenant information; tenant programming; menu modifications; safety notices; Material Safety Data Sheets; and product labels.
• Ability to complete housekeeping supply orders, maintenance requests, flow sheets, and other related forms.
• Ability to communicate clearly with tenants, families, and other staff; and to accurately report observations or concerns to supervisor.
• Must provide an acceptable Police Records Check in order to ensure suitability for working with vulnerable populations.
• Ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
Please apply online, by the closing date May 31, 2020 quoting competition number 2020-1454, or drop off your resume to the Region of Waterloo, Information Desk located on the main floor at 150 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
The Region of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified applicants to apply and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.
Alternate formats of this document are available upon request. Please contact the Service First Call Centre at phone number (519) 575-4400, TTY number (519-575-4608) to request an alternate format.
Click here to view the job description pdf file.
The Regional Municipality of Waterloo,
Human Resources Department
150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor,
Kitchener, Ontario N2G 4J3