Length: Full-Time, 2 positions
Department/Division: Public Health & Emergency Services/Paramedic Services
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Union: Management/Management Support
Salary: $69,180.80 – $ 86,486.40 per annum
Location: PSV South Reporting Station, 120 Maple Grove Road, Cambridge, 1 position/PSV North Reporting Station, 100 Erbs Road, Wilmot, 1 position
Closing Date: September 18, 2019
Description of Duties:
Supervises the availability, maintenance, sanitizing, and stocking of vehicles, equipment, and supplies required for paramedics to provide care.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of apparatus and equipment related to paramedic services, normally acquired through a Grade 12 education, plus progressively responsible related experience.
• Knowledge of and ability to comply with policies, procedures, collective agreements, and related legislation (e.g., Ambulance Act and its associated Regulations and Standards, privacy, health and safety).
• Communication and leadership skills to supervise, train, motivate, develop, and support staff; deal with related issues; make presentations to staff and management; and participate as an effective team member.
• Ability to read reports, procedures, manuals, and documents related to operations, maintenance, and safety to ensure work is carried out per standards and legislation. Ability to write general correspondence and complete forms.
• Computer skills with ability to use software such as Microsoft Office, and a medication and supply management system.
• Must have a valid Class G drivers licence and acceptable driving record to operate Regional vehicles. Ability to travel within and outside Waterloo Region.
• Must provide an acceptable Police Information Check (PIC) Level 2 to work with controlled substances.
• Ability to provide support to staff and respond to urgent issues beyond regularly scheduled work hours, as deemed necessary.
• Ability to support and demonstrate the Region’s values.
Regular and reliable attendance required for consideration.
Please apply online, by the closing date Sep 18, 2019 quoting competition number 2019-1882, or drop off your resume to the Region of Waterloo, Information Desk located on the main floor at 150 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
The Region of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified applicants to apply and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.
Alternate formats of this document are available upon request. Please contact the Service First Call Centre at phone number (519) 575-4400, TTY number (519-575-4608) to request an alternate format.
Click here to view the job description pdf file.
The Regional Municipality of Waterloo,
Human Resources Department
150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor,
Kitchener, Ontario N2G 4J3