Date of Posting: October 10, 2019
Title: Strategic & Quality Improvement Specialist
Posting #: 2019-2023
Position #: R01551
Length: Temporary Full-Time (for up to 24 months)
Department/Division: Public Health & Emergency Services/Central Resources
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Union: Management/Management Support
Salary/Wage: $71,962.80 – $89,962.60 per annum/$39.54 – $49.43 per hour
Location: 99 Regina St. S., Waterloo
Closing Date: October 27, 2019
Description of Duties:
Provides quality improvement expertise, support, and coordination to the Department Leadership Team (DLT), management, and staff regarding strategic and operational business planning, performance measurement frameworks, and project management. Collaborates with departmental and Regional staff to design, implement, and evaluate continuous quality improvement processes, procedures, and frameworks.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of quality improvement and performance management frameworks; strategic and operational planning processes; continuous quality and process improvement practices; business planning and analysis; fiscal management; business/public administration; project management; and evaluation, normally acquired through a Bachelors degree in a related field (e.g., business administration, commerce, health informatics management, public administration, human service administration), plus progressively responsible related experience (e.g., business administration, health informatics, project management, research, policy analysis, planning).
• Knowledge of and ability to comply with policies/procedures and related legislation.
• Analytical and organizational skills to work with deadlines and competing priorities; assess and develop process improvements; develop internal risk communication tools, resources, and strategies; and organize and conduct orientation and staff training on relevant processes and improvements.
• Communication, human relations, facilitation, negotiation, public speaking, and persuasion skills to challenge, lead, and motivate others in problem resolution; facilitate and lead project teams and activities across the department; conduct presentations, training and orientation; and participate as an effective team member.
• Ability to write/draft reports, proposals, needs assessments, project evaluations, policies, procedures, and processes; prepare and edit reports for management.
• Computer skills with the ability to use Microsoft Office and Project.
• Ability to travel within and outside Waterloo Region.
• Ability to support and demonstrate the Region’s values.
Please apply online, by the closing date Oct 27, 2019 quoting competition number 2019-2023, or drop off your resume to the Region of Waterloo, Information Desk located on the main floor at 150 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
The Region of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified applicants to apply and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.
Alternate formats of this document are available upon request. Please contact the Service First Call Centre at phone number (519) 575-4400, TTY number (519-575-4608) to request an alternate format.
Click here to view the job description pdf file.
The Regional Municipality of Waterloo,
Human Resources Department
150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor,
Kitchener, Ontario N2G 4J3