Department/Division: Transportation & Environmental Services/Transit Services
Hours of Work: 35 Hours per week
Union: CUPE Local 1883
Salary/Wage: $42,588.00 - $48,375.60 per annum/$23.40 - $26.58 per hour
Location: GRT Transit Centre, 250 Strasburg Rd., Kitchener
Closing Date: January 19, 2020
Description of Duties:
Provides scheduling and administrative support to the Division, specifically transit operations. Assists management with work coverage functions for transit operations (e.g., contacts operators for shifts, sets up spare board for next day coverage).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge and skill in scheduling/dispatch practices, and office and administrative procedures acquired through a Grade 12 education plus 2 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of higher education and lower experience.
• Knowledge of and ability to follow policies, procedures, collective agreements, and related legislation (e.g., privacy).
• Ability to exhibit confidentiality and discretion in handling confidential/sensitive material.
• Time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines/timelines to ensure work coverage requirements are met.
• Communication and customer service skills to relate effectively with staff; and participate as an effective team member.
• Ability to read and understand policies and procedures. Ability to write and edit documents (e.g., correspondence, minutes, notices), complete forms, and maintain records.
• Computer skills with ability to use software such as Microsoft Office, and transit information system.
• Ability to work shifts, weekends, evenings, and holidays as part of a set schedule.
• Ability to support and demonstrate the Region’s values.
Please apply online, by the closing date Jan 19, 2020 quoting competition number 2019-2123, or drop off your resume to the Region of Waterloo, Information Desk located on the main floor at 150 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
The Region of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified applicants to apply and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.
Alternate formats of this document are available upon request. Please contact the Service First Call Centre at phone number (519) 575-4400, TTY number (519-575-4608) to request an alternate format.
Click here to view the job description pdf file.
The Regional Municipality of Waterloo,
Human Resources Department
150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor,
Kitchener, Ontario N2G 4J3