Length: Temporary Part-Time (for approximately 5 months), 10 positions
Department/Division: Community Services/Seniors’ Services
Hours of Work: Various shifts
Union: Unifor Local 1106
Wage: $21.26 - $22.54 per hour
Location: Sunnyside Home, 247 Franklin St. N., Kitchener/ Environmental Services
Closing Date: May 4, 2020 9:00 a.m.
Uses personal protective equipment and exercises precautions to mitigate risks associated with working around/with infectious disease (including during outbreaks); dust; dirt; odours from garbage, food and human waste; and cleaners.
• Knowledge of Regional and Divisional policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• A tuberculosis (TB) test and annual influenza immunization are required.
• Knowledge of feeding techniques and awareness of choking symptoms/responses.
• Knowledge of the proper operation and use of equipment related to the job duties, familiarity with cleaning and infection control procedures, and knowledge of the use and handling of chemical cleaners.
• Communication and interpersonal skills to respond pleasantly and professionally to demands; communicate effectively with staff, residents, and families; interact appropriately with and have a basic understanding of the geriatric population; and participate as an effective team member.
• Organizational, time management, and problem solving skills to work independently, adhere to schedules, prioritize tasks and complete work in a timely manner.
• Ability to read and follow instructions for menus, diet profiles, policy and procedure manuals, communication logs, work assignment sheets, cleaning products, and prepare beverages. Ability to follow written and oral instructions in English.
• Ability to write weekly housekeeping supply orders and maintenance request forms, and record information in checklists and logs.
• Ability to work shifts, weekend hours, and statutory holidays, as scheduled.
• Must provide an acceptable Police Vulnerable Sector Check (level 3).
• Ability to support and project the Region’s values.
Please apply online, by the closing date May 04, 2020 quoting competition number 2020-1423, or drop off your resume to the Region of Waterloo, Information Desk located on the main floor at 150 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
The Region of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified applicants to apply and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.
Alternate formats of this document are available upon request. Please contact the Service First Call Centre at phone number (519) 575-4400, TTY number (519-575-4608) to request an alternate format.
Click here to view the job description pdf file.
The Regional Municipality of Waterloo,
Human Resources Department
150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor,
Kitchener, Ontario N2G 4J3