Department/Division: Corporate Services/Information Technology Services
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Union: Management/Management Support
Salary: $71,962.80 – $89,962.60 per annum
Location: Administration Headquarters, 150 Frederick Street, Kitchener
Closing Date: September 18, 2019
Description of Duties:
Manages medium to large ITS projects and initiatives through all phases of the project life-cycle to ensure business solution functionality and performance objectives are met on schedule and within scope and approved budget. Leads multi-disciplinary, cross-departmental project teams. Develops project work plans, budgets, and staffing requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of project management techniques, team building, system analysis, system design, data modeling, business process re-engineering, performance management, information technology applications, and data management, normally acquired through a university degree in a related field (e.g., business administration, computer science, management information systems), plus certification as a Project Management Professional or equivalent, plus progressively responsible related experience.
• Knowledge of and ability to comply with policies, procedures, collective agreements, related legislation (e.g., privacy, information, health and safety, accessibility), and industry standards.
• Analytical, organizational, business acumen, and continuous improvement skills to develop project work plans and deliver projects on time, within scope and budget; identify, assess, and mitigate risks; manage multiple projects simultaneously; and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
• Leadership, communication, and human relations skills to advise and lead committees; negotiate with contractors; communicate with project teams; prepare and conduct presentations; provide feedback and recommendations to project teams and stakeholders; communicate complex technical information to staff with varied levels of technical understanding; and participate as an effective team member.
• Ability to write project charters, work plans, proposals, terms of reference, reports, and contracts. Ability to read and understand same, as well as policies, procedures, collective agreements, bylaws, technical publications, articles, and vendor information.
• Computer skills with ability to use software such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, programming software (e.g., Eclipse), computerized financial systems, and other project-related software.
• Ability to travel within and outside Waterloo Region.
• Ability to adjust hours to work when systems are not in use, and resolve urgent problems.
• Ability to support and demonstrate the Region’s values.
Please apply online, by the closing date Sep 18, 2019 quoting competition number 2019-1861, or drop off your resume to the Region of Waterloo, Information Desk located on the main floor at 150 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
The Region of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified applicants to apply and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.
Alternate formats of this document are available upon request. Please contact the Service First Call Centre at phone number (519) 575-4400, TTY number (519-575-4608) to request an alternate format.
Click here to view the job description pdf file.
The Regional Municipality of Waterloo,
Human Resources Department
150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor,
Kitchener, Ontario N2G 4J3