Department/Division: Corporate Services/Facilities & Fleet Management
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Union: C.U.P.E. 1883
Salary: $59,932.60 – $68,086.20 per annum
Location: 20 Weber Street E., Kitchener, ON
Closing Date: September 29, 2019
Description of Duties:
Administers the Section’s review, development, and implementation of best practices in project management, including related information management and performance management systems. Maintains program/project resources and related document management controls, data organization and sharing, workflow documentation, and project portfolio management tools. Produces reports and forecasts related to program performance metrics, and recommends improvements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of information/document management practices and principles; document control systems and processes; project management; and business systems analysis and performance, acquired through a related 4-year degree/diploma (e.g., Business Information Systems, Math, Computer Science), plus 4 years of related information management experience in a project management or construction administration environment (or an equivalent combination of education and experience such as a 3-year related diploma/degree plus 5 years of related experience).
• Knowledge and skill in contract administration and the full life cycle of construction projects.
• Skill in performance and quality management systems and methodologies (e.g., LEAN Six Sigma, continuous improvement, ISO).
• Knowledge of and ability to comply with policies, procedures, related legislation and standards.
• Project management, research, analytical, organizational and problem solving skills to collect, analyze, synthesize, evaluate, and prepare reports and program metrics; troubleshoot systems; create work plans and timelines; meet deadlines/goals; adapt to changing demands; develop recommendations to address gaps and improve processes; and work independently.
• Computer skills with ability to use Microsoft Office (including formula creation and data manipulation in Excel), Microsoft Visio, Adobe PRO, project management scheduling and resourcing software tools.
• Human relations, communication, facilitation, and leadership skills to provide training, support, and guidance to Section staff and management; obtain buy-in and lead change processes using diplomacy and tact; follow up with and obtain project information from others; clarify and exchange program information needs with vendors; present information/recommendations using technical language to varied audiences; and participate as an effective team member.
• Ability to read and interpret construction documents (e.g., architectural drawings, structural drawings, specifications, submittals, RFI), best practices, process flows, and system specifications. Ability to write reports, work plans, templates, procedures, user guides/manuals, summaries, and recommendations.
• Ability to travel within and outside Waterloo Region.
• Ability to support and demonstrate the Region’s values.
Please apply online, by the closing date Sep 29, 2019 quoting competition number 2019-1682, or drop off your resume to the Region of Waterloo, Information Desk located on the main floor at 150 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
The Region of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified applicants to apply and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.
Alternate formats of this document are available upon request. Please contact the Service First Call Centre at phone number (519) 575-4400, TTY number (519-575-4608) to request an alternate format.
Click here to view the job description pdf file.
The Regional Municipality of Waterloo,
Human Resources Department
150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor,
Kitchener, Ontario N2G 4J3