Length: Temporary Full-time (Up to Approximately 12 months)
Department/Division: Community Services/Employment & Income Support
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Union: C.U.P.E. Local 1883
Wage: $25.80 - $29.32 per hour
Location: 235 King St. E., Kitchener /99 Regina Street S., Waterloo/150 Main Street, Cambridge
Closing Date: January 22, 2020
Description of Duties:
Provides customer service to social assistance recipients/applicants, the public, staff, and community agencies. Provides administrative and clerical support to divisional staff. Enters and records related data.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of office procedures, word processing, reading, math, and writing skills acquired through a grade 12 education plus 3 years of related experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
• Knowledge of and ability to follow corporate policies and procedures, and legislation (e.g., social assistance, privacy and freedom of information).
• General knowledge of other social service, employment, and community service agencies to refer clients.
• Ability to perform work accurately and meet deadlines.
• Communication and customer skills to provide client service (answer questions over the phone, in writing); and participate as an effective team member.
• Ability to read and understand forms, memo, emails, documents, reports, workshop schedules, and legal agreements. Ability to complete forms, records, and standard letters per instructions.
• Computer skills with ability to use software such as Microsoft Office; municipal/provincial/federal databases; a document management system; and the internet.
• Ability to occasionally travel within Waterloo Region.
• Ability to support and demonstrate the Region’s values.
Please apply online, by the closing date Jan 22, 2020 quoting competition number 2019-2248, or drop off your resume to the Region of Waterloo, Information Desk located on the main floor at 150 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
The Region of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified applicants to apply and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.
Alternate formats of this document are available upon request. Please contact the Service First Call Centre at phone number (519) 575-4400, TTY number (519-575-4608) to request an alternate format.
Click here to view the job description pdf file.
The Regional Municipality of Waterloo,
Human Resources Department
150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor,
Kitchener, Ontario N2G 4J3