Length: Temporary Full-Time (Up to approximately 6 months)
Department/Division: Transportation & Environmental Services/Waste Management
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Union: C.U.P.E. Local 1883
Salary/Wage: $44,717.40 – $50,796.20 per annum/$24.57 – $27.91 per hour
Location: Waterloo Landfill Administration, 925 Erb St. W., Waterloo
Closing Date: January 20, 2020
Description of Duties:
Provides customer service and follow-up on complaints/issues with residents regarding waste collection services/programs, including reception coverage. Provides administrative support to divisional staff and programs. Assists to administer the bag fee and waste policy exemption program. Tracks inventory of collection containers and bag tags.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of office and administrative procedures, word processing, customer service, math, and communication skills, acquired through a grade 12 education plus 3 years of directly related experience.
• Basic knowledge of environmental issues, specifically waste management reduction and collection programs and techniques.
• Knowledge of corporate policies and procedures, and municipal waste by-laws.
• Organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail skills to process applications and program information (enter, track, and report information).
• Communication and interpersonal skills to respond to customer inquiries/complaints; promote programs/services; and participate as an effective team member.
• Ability to read and apply guidelines, policies, and procedures. Ability to write routine correspondence and prepare, edit, and proofread documents.
• Computer skills with ability to use Microsoft Office, a document management system, and GIS system. Ability to create spreadsheets.
• Ability to travel within Waterloo Region.
• Ability to support and demonstrate the Region’s values.
Please apply online, by the closing date Jan 20, 2020 quoting competition number 2019-2356, or drop off your resume to the Region of Waterloo, Information Desk located on the main floor at 150 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
The Region of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified applicants to apply and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.
Alternate formats of this document are available upon request. Please contact the Service First Call Centre at phone number (519) 575-4400, TTY number (519-575-4608) to request an alternate format.
Click here to view the job description pdf file.
The Regional Municipality of Waterloo,
Human Resources Department
150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor,
Kitchener, Ontario N2G 4J3