Length: Temporary Part-Time (for approximately 5 months), 5 positions
Department/Division: Community Services/Seniors’ Services
Hours of Work: Various shifts
Union: Unifor Local 1106
Wage: $20.32 – $21.55 per hour
Location: Sunnyside Home, 247 Franklin Street N., Kitchener
Closing Date: May 4, 2020, 9:00 a.m.
• Knowledge of cleaning and infection control procedures; use and handling of chemical cleaning agents; and laundry techniques and procedures. Knowledge of Workplace Hazardous Material Information Systems (WHMIS) Regulations concerning the storage, use, and handling of hazardous materials and chemicals.
• Knowledge of Regional and Divisional policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• A tuberculosis (TB) test and annual influenza immunization are required.
• Ability to work independently and around the activities of staff and residents.
• Ability to operate a label making machine.
• Communication and interpersonal skills to exchange information with divisional staff; interact appropriately with and have a basic understanding of the geriatric population; and participate as an effective team member.
• Ability to write daily and weekly laundry records, memos, and maintenance work requests. Ability to read and comprehend policies, procedures and schedules, washing and drying instructions, machine operation manuals, meeting minutes, and Material Safety Data Sheets. Ability to participant in monthly meetings.
• Ability to work shifts, weekends, and statutory holidays, as scheduled.
• Must provide an acceptable Police Vulnerable Sector Check (level 3).
• Ability to support and project the Region’s values.
Please apply online, by the closing date May 04, 2020 quoting competition number 2020-1422, or drop off your resume to the Region of Waterloo, Information Desk located on the main floor at 150 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
The Region of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified applicants to apply and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.
Alternate formats of this document are available upon request. Please contact the Service First Call Centre at phone number (519) 575-4400, TTY number (519-575-4608) to request an alternate format.
Click here to view the job description pdf file.
The Regional Municipality of Waterloo,
Human Resources Department
150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor,
Kitchener, Ontario N2G 4J3