Department/Division: Corporate Services/ Information Technology Services
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Union: C.U.P.E. Local 1883
Salary/Wage: $59,932.60 - $68,086.20 per annum
Location: Administration Headquarter – 150 Frederick St, Kitchener.
Closing Date: October 4, 2020
• Knowledge of and ability to comply with policies, procedures, standards and conventions for database management, the Regional Official Plan, and related legislation (e.g., Planning Act, privacy and freedom of information).
• Knowledge of current GIS industry standards and technologies to provide technical support and troubleshooting, and recommend improvements to existing GIS spatially-enabled systems. Ability to define and resolve GIS technical problems in a diverse technology environment.
• Knowledge of relational database management best practices and concepts.
• Analytical, research, organizational, and problem solving skills to plan work; review data and documents; identify deficiencies; solve system problems; and investigate, analyze, and evaluate appropriateness of GIS spatial data and related tabular data for use by clients.
• Communication skills to relate effectively and consult with clients regarding projects; deliver information sessions; promote and demonstrate systems; discuss problems and user requests for data and analysis; exchange technical information with staff; and participate as an effective team member.
• Ability to understand related literature including construction drawings and subdivision plans, publications, and trade journals to keep knowledge current. Ability to read and understand software documentation and hardware manuals. Ability to write reports, workflow documentation, work structure breakdowns, and provide input to and assist to write project plans and statements of work.
• Computer skills using software such as ESRI suite of GIS software including ArcGIS Online, Microsoft Office (Office, Access, Excel) and desktop publishing (e.g., CorelDraw)
• Ability to occasionally alter hours to meet deadlines imposed by project work, application or system errors, or to work on systems when not in use.
• Ability to travel within Waterloo Region.
• Ability to support and demonstrate the Region’s values.
Please apply online, by the closing date Oct 04, 2020 quoting competition number 2020-1717.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
The Region of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified applicants to apply and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.
Alternate formats of this document are available upon request. Please contact the Service First Call Centre at phone number (519) 575-4400, TTY number (519-575-4608) to request an alternate format.
Click here to view the job description pdf file.
The Regional Municipality of Waterloo,
Human Resources Department
150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor,
Kitchener, Ontario N2G 4J3