Department/Division: Human Resources & Citizen Service/Administration
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Union: Management/Management Support
Salary: $59,495.80 – $74,365.20 per annum (under review)
Location: Administration Headquarters, 150 Frederick St., Kitchener
Closing Date: January 20, 2019
Description of Duties:
Provides executive and administrative assistance to the Commissioner. Supervises the delivery of administrative services for the Department, as well as customer service and reception at administrative headquarters, and liaises with internal stakeholders to ensure corporate programs and services are supported. Supervises and coordinates the corporate relief clerk pool.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of administrative, human resources, and office policies and procedures, workflow analysis, and basic accounting and budgeting skills, normally acquired through some post-secondary courses, plus progressively responsible related experience.
• Knowledge of and ability to comply with policies, procedures, collective agreements, and legislation (e.g., privacy).
• Organizational and problem solving skills to coordinate and organize the work of staff; assess departmental coverage requirements and workload considerations; assist hiring supervisors with applicant screening and interviewing; and work independently to complete projects amid competing demands.
• Human relations and communication skills to supervise, train, develop, motivate, and support staff; communicate and liaise with all levels of staff regarding administrative policies and procedures, divisional/departmental/corporate initiatives, and to provide orientation; provide information to government agencies, and the public regarding departmental programs and administrative issues; respond to customer service concerns/complaints; and participate as an effective team member.
• Ability to read and understand policies, communications, correspondence, agendas, Council resolutions, minutes, program reports, and newsletters. Ability to write/draft correspondence, communications, minutes, agendas, and reports, and develop administrative policies and procedures.
• Computer skills with ability to use software such as Microsoft Office, financial and human resources information systems.
• Ability to travel within Waterloo Region.
• Ability to support and demonstrate the Region’s values.
Please apply online, by the closing date Jan 20, 2019 quoting competition number 2018-2275, or drop off your resume to the Region of Waterloo, Information Desk located on the main floor at 150 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
The Region of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified applicants to apply and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.
Alternate formats of this document are available upon request. Please contact the Service First Call Centre at phone number (519) 575-4400, TTY number (519-575-4608) to request an alternate format.
Click here to view the job description pdf file.
The Regional Municipality of Waterloo,
Human Resources Department
150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor,
Kitchener, Ontario N2G 4J3