Length: Full Time
Department/Division: Transportation & Environmental Services/Transit Services
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Union: Management/Management Support
Salary/Wage: $84,240.00 - $105,300.00 per annum/$43.20 - $54.00 per hour
Location: GRT Transit Centre - 85 Chandler Dr., Kitchener
Closing Date: December 17, 2019
Description of Duties:
Assists to manage the operation, maintenance, and security of transit terminals, stations, bus stops (approximately 2700), garages, and operation centres. Manages administrative support for the Section.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of transit operations, intercity bus operations, contract management/administration, and administrative policies and procedures, normally acquired through some post-secondary education plus progressively responsible related experience.
• Knowledge of and ability to comply with policies, procedures, collective agreements, and related legislation (e.g., health and safety).
• Leadership and human relations skills to supervise, train, develop, motivate, and support staff; administer contracts with contractors; resolve and de-escalate customer complaints; and participate as an effective team member.
• Ability to write documents, specifications, reports, and recommendations for new technology and equipment, policies, and procedures. Ability to read and understand reports, procedures, manuals, and documents related to operations.
• Computer skills with ability to use software such as Microsoft Office and databases.
• Ability to travel within Waterloo Region.
• Ability to support and demonstrate the Region’s values.
Please apply online, by the closing date Dec 17, 2019 quoting competition number 2019-2220, or drop off your resume to the Region of Waterloo, Information Desk located on the main floor at 150 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
The Region of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified applicants to apply and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.
Alternate formats of this document are available upon request. Please contact the Service First Call Centre at phone number (519) 575-4400, TTY number (519-575-4608) to request an alternate format.
Click here to view the job description pdf file.
The Regional Municipality of Waterloo,
Human Resources Department
150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor,
Kitchener, Ontario N2G 4J3