Length: Temporary Full-time (for approximately 5 months) (Up to 3 Positions)
Start Date: October 29, 2018
Department/Division: Planning, Development & Legislative Services/Region of Waterloo International Airport
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week (various shifts, including weekends)
Union: C.U.P.E. Local 1656
Wage: $25.05 per hour
Location: Region of Waterloo Airport Operations Centre, 75 New Germany Lane, Breslau
Closing Date: November 18, 2018
Description of Duties:
Assists in winter maintenance of the grounds, facilities, and equipment under the jurisdiction of the Region of Waterloo International Airport according to safety standards and airport regulations. Works rotating shifts and irregular shifts to facilitate snow removal.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of airport operations, procedures and requirements to maintain an aerodrome, ground, building, equipment, and vehicle servicing, as well as communication and arithmetic skills to read written instructions, schedules, reports, regulations, procedure manuals, and other materials related to airport flight movements, acquired a Grade 12 education plus 2 years of related experience.
• Ability to obtain Airport Vehicle Operators Permit (AVOP) within 3 days of employment at the Airport site.
• A valid Restricted Radio Telephone Operators Certificate (Aeronautical) is required.
• Ability to write maintenance and procedure reports as requested by supervisor.
• A valid Class "DZ" driver’s licence and acceptable driving record are required to operate a Regional vehicle.
• Must provide an acceptable Police Records Check and Transport Canada Security Clearance Check for RAIC (Restricted Area Identification Card) in order to comply with Transport Canada requirements.
• Ability to provide assistance and exchange information clearly with Airport tenants or contractors working on the property.
• Ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
Please apply online, by the closing date Nov 18, 2018 quoting competition number 2018-1930, or drop off your resume to the Region of Waterloo, Information Desk located on the main floor at 150 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
The Region of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified applicants to apply and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.
Alternate formats of this document are available upon request. Please contact the Service First Call Centre at phone number (519) 575-4400, TTY number (519-575-4608) to request an alternate format.
Click here to view the job description pdf file.
The Regional Municipality of Waterloo,
Human Resources Department
150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor,
Kitchener, Ontario N2G 4J3