Social Media Coordinator
Marketing & Communications – Corporate Services
Contract Full-Time; 12 Months
Reporting to the social media supervisor, the social media coordinator will add value to the team by providing social media support across the organization; ideating, creating and scheduling content promoting Regional programs and services for a variety of audiences.
- Develop content for communications and digital team, creating copy and social asset as required.
- Package and edit posts to ensure optimized presentation on social platforms, adhering to best practices and maximizing shareability.
- Enhances relationships with external audiences by engaging with community members across social platforms, responding to direct messages, comments and inquiries, delivering high quality customer service.
- Through regional accounts, the social media coordinator proactively engages with residents and partners, triaging and responding to inquiries and working with internal partners as required.
- Create editorial calendars and social media plans for both campaign and ad hoc content requests.
- Execute and schedule digital content that represents the Region of Peel, its brand and its values. Work in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to develop & issue social campaigns across all lines of business.
- Create photo and video assets for social platforms, optimizing existing content and producing new social content and assets.
- Support video partners with content creation, from storyboarding to shot lists and platform-specific execution.
- Monitor media to identify solutions and encourage ongoing proactive opportunities.
- University degree or college diploma in a related with two years experience creating social media for brands, non-profits or in an agency setting or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Experience with delivering creative, effective and resonant content across digital platforms. Video production and editing experience preferred.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments, paid social amplification and proven success producing organic social content.
- Highly creative with experience identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Experience with social media-related software systems including Salesforce Social Studio, Hootsuite or Meltwater.
- Displays organizational capabilities to track progress, execution and consistency of social campaigns.
- Solid knowledge of social analytics tools and measurement.
- Solid knowledge of Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, InDesign and other Adobe products.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Strong understanding of technical specifications of visual assets for social media platforms.
- Knowledge of AODA requirements.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and verbal skills.
- Public Sector experience would be considered an asset.
Location: 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton Ontario
Hours of work: 35 hours per week/ Monday through Friday
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online.