RN Special Interest Posting (New Grads Welcome)
Special Interest Posting: RN, ICU (2 Positions)
Job Number: 19-260ef.le
While preference will be given to applicants who possess all of the required qualifications, PRHC is willing to consider applicants who may not have recent ICU or critical experience. The successful applicant must be willing to obtain the Critical Care Certificate upon 18 months of hire.
The RN, as one of the providers of health care, has a unique role in promoting health, in preventing illness, and in helping clients attain and maintain the highest level of health possible. S/he is responsible for providing comprehensive care to patients, with predictable and unpredictable outcomes who may or may not be clinically stable. The RN practices in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario Professional Standards.
- Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Recent ICU or critical care experience required
- Current ACLS required
- Current BCLS required
- Post-graduate Critical Care Certificate required
- Consideration may be given to individuals who are in progress with Critical Care Certificate
- Membership in Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses preferred
- Ability to read basic cardiac rhythms.
- Demonstrated good communication skills including evidence of strong documentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with patients, families and all levels of staff.
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgement when performing duties.
- Demonstrated ability to handle stressful situations.
- Good health teaching skills.
- Good knowledge of Meditech, PACS, programs.
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills are required.
- Commitment to on-going education.
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Knowledge of Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy is an asset.
Peterborough Regional Health Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in your applicant form.W
While the Health Centre appreciates your expression of interest in this position(s), only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified. Please note, in the case of unionized positions, the Health Centre will consider internal applicants first, in accordance with the particular Collective Agreement.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password click here.