Registered EEG/EMG Technician
The Registered EEG/EMG Technologist performs routine and technically difficult electroencephalograms on children and adults to aide in the diagnosis of seizure disorders, brain injury, metabolic and other encephalopathy’s. The EEG/EMG Technologist performs neurological diagnostic monitoring procedures and tests e.g. EEG, and evoked potential tests according to the standards of the institution.
- University or College graduate in a science or health related area.
- Registration with the Canadian Board of Registered EEG Technologists (CBRET) as a Registered Neuroelectrophysiological Technologist required.
- Paediatric experience is an asset
- Current BCLS is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of neurological anatomy and physiology.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize typical/atypical seizure activity and sleep stages.
- Basic knowledge of cardiac dysrhythmias.
- Demonstrated knowledge of monitoring and recording equipment used.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and use good judgement.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of patients and staff.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a good attendance record and meet the performance standards of the Health Centre
Peterborough Regional Health Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in your applicant form.
While the Health Centre appreciates your expression of interest in this position(s), only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified. Please note, in the case of unionized positions, the Health Centre will consider internal applicants first, in accordance with the particular Collective Agreement.
PLEASE NOTE: Position will remain posted until filled.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password click here.