Talent Pool – Nutrition Aide (Temporary Part-time and Permanent Part-time Opportunities)
Please Note: This competition will remain open in order to collect applications from interested individuals on an ongoing bases. This posting will be used to establish a pool of qualified candidates for current and future opportunities at PRHC and we will be creating a list of pre-screened applicants. These opportunities may be temporary or permanent. This pool will be used to fill vacancies left unfilled after first considering internal applicants in accordance the Collective Agreement.
Once you complete the online application, your information will be reviewed by Talent Acquisition team who will contact you should you be selected to move on in the recruitment process. All applications are retained on file for future consideration.
The Peterborough Regional Health Centre is seeking energetic, customer-focused professionals to join our Nutrition team. If you are a strong team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you! The Aide will work as part of the nutrition services team to strive to provide high quality service to all customers.
What You’ll Bring:
- Completion of an Ontario Secondary School Diploma, GED or equivalent, and,
- Completion of an accredited Food Service Worker Certificate.(NOTE: Consideration will be given to candidates who are actively enrolled in and have completed a minimum of one course in a Food Service Worker Certificate program and are committed to successfully completing the program within 18 months of date of hire)
- Food Handlers Training and Certification Course (1 day provided by County Health Unit) required or commitment to successfully complete within 6 months of date of hire.
- Previous experience in the Food Service industry preferred.
- Knowledge of health and safety techniques and WHMIS regulations.
- Excellent Knowledge of safe food handling techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of Sanitation/Safety Code.
- Demonstrated ability to work within scheduled time frames.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and accurately.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated literacy and writing skills and abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
Peterborough Regional Health Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in your applicant form.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password click here.