Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (OSMH) is located in the City of Orillia - a beautiful community nestled along the shores of Lake Simcoe and Lake Couchiching. Orillia offers an environment where a health work/life balance is easy to achieve as exceptional urban amenities, natural resources, points of interest, and recreational opportunities abound.
People have always been OSMH’s greatest strength. Our committed team has helped our community for over a century. We offer an environment where each individual works interdependently towards common goals: we believe in Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Engagement. We are an organization where individuals’ contributions are valued and there are many opportunities for personal growth and development.
The student will provide assistance to the assessment center. Roles and responsibilities may include: portering, stocking of supplies, parking support, interaction with individuals attending the center.All activities will be directed by the assessment center team.
• Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or equivalent is required
• Currently enrolled in an Ontario College or University in a designated health-related program
• Evidence of good academic standing
• Successful completion of a Medical Terminology course considered an asset
• Preference given to candidates with previous healthcare experience
• Demonstrated excellent communication skills in English (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to positively interact with a range of individuals in a variety of situations, which require tact, discretion and confidentiality,
• Must be prepared and able to work within a fast-paced, highly stressful environment with highly acute care patients.
• Demonstrated ability to be highly motivated and flexible with the ability to adapt quickly to new situations/challenges,
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload and multitask under pressure,
• Demonstrated attention to detail and a strong commitment to quality
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a productive team member,
• Demonstrated the ability to provide excellent customer service to all patients and system stakeholders
• Demonstrated knowledge of infection control practices,
• Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
• Demonstrates commitment to continued professional and personal growth and development through Continuing Education Programs and Self Directed Learning Opportunities.
Our Employees Enjoy
• a professional practice environment
• a collaborative atmosphere with emphasis on teamwork
• wellness initiatives
• continuing education grants
• employee recognition and assistance programs
• a competitive salary and benefits package
• equal opportunities for growth and development
OSMH is a minimal fragrance workplace. We kindly ask all applicants to refrain from using scented products should they have the occasion to interview with the hospital.
As a condition of employment new employees will be required to present an original vulnerable sector check within 90 days of commencing employment and must sign an Offense Declaration upon receipt of an offer of employment. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
OSMH is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Human Resources Department.