Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (OSMH) is located in the City of Orillia - a beautiful community nestled along the shores of Lake Simcoe and Lake Couchiching. Orillia offers an environment where a health work/life balance is easy to achieve as exceptional urban amenities, natural resources, points of interest, and recreational opportunities abound.
People have always been OSMH’s greatest strength. Our committed team has helped our community for over a century. We offer an environment where each individual works interdependently towards common goals: we believe in Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Engagement. We are an organization where individuals’ contributions are valued and there are many opportunities for personal growth and development.
The Registered Practical Nurse is primarily responsible for providing care to patients on the Way Home Unit but may be reassigned as organizational needs arise.
• Current certificate of competence to practice as a R.P.N. in Ontario required.
• Successful completion of a Physical Assessment course, Medication Administration course,
and Aseptic Principles certificate required (exempt if newly graduated within the past four
• Demonstrated ability to work at full Scope of Practice required.
• A minimum of two (2) years recent experience in an acute care setting and or LTC setting is required.
• Minimum of one (1) year medical/surgical experience within the past five (5) years, working
at full scope required.
• Preference given to candidates who have recent experience caring for Renal patients.
• Must be prepared and able to work within a variety of fast-paced, highly stressful
• Demonstrated ability to be adaptable and flexible in order to work efficiently and
effectively within a variety of patient care teams.
• Must be able to meet the physical and emotional responsibilities of the job. Physically able
to lift and move patients with frequent and repetitive pushing, pulling, bending and
• Strong critical thinking skills and motivated by changing environments.
• Demonstrated ability to be reliable and maintain excellent attendance and performance
• The successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a
proven commitment to professional development, as well as to the Mission of the Hospital.
• It is a requirement that every member of the WayHome Unit is available for all shifts.
Our Employees Enjoy
• a professional practice environment
• a collaborative atmosphere with emphasis on teamwork
• wellness initiatives
• continuing education grants
• employee recognition and assistance programs
• a competitive salary and benefits package
• equal opportunities for growth and development
OSMH is a minimal fragrance workplace. We kindly ask all applicants to refrain from using scented products should they have the occasion to interview with the hospital.
As a condition of employment new employees will be required to present an original vulnerable sector check within 90 days of commencing employment and must sign an Offense Declaration upon receipt of an offer of employment. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
OSMH is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Human Resources Department.