Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (OSMH) is located in the City of Orillia - a beautiful community nestled along the shores of Lake Simcoe and Lake Couchiching. Orillia offers an environment where a health work/life balance is easy to achieve as exceptional urban amenities, natural resources, points of interest, and recreational opportunities abound.
People have always been OSMH’s greatest strength. Our committed team has helped our community for over a century. We offer an environment where each individual works interdependently towards common goals: we believe in Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Engagement. We are an organization where individuals’ contributions are valued and there are many opportunities for personal growth and development.
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) at the Assessment Center is responsible for providing nursing care under the direction of medical practitioners, registered nurses or other health team members. The RPN will work in a variety of conditions including outside in the testing tent, off site in LTC or retirement homes and other sites as assigned. Travel is required throughout the Couchiching area.
• Current certificate of competence to practice as a R.P.N. in Ontario required.
• Minimum of one (1) year medical/surgical experience within the past five (5) years, working at full scope required.
• Successful completion of a Physical Assessment course, Medication Administration course, and Aseptic Principles certificate required (exempt if newly graduated within the past four (4) years).
• Preference given to candidates who have completed a Coronary Care course.
• Preference given to candidates who have recent experience caring for Renal patients.
• Must be prepared and able to work within a fast-paced, highly stressful environment with highly acute care patients.
• Satisfactory work performance and attendance record required.
• The successful candidate will have a proven commitment to professional development as well as to the Mission and Vision of the Hospital. Demonstrates proficiency in written and verbal communications skills in relation to working with patients across the care continuum.
Our Employees Enjoy
• a professional practice environment
• a collaborative atmosphere with emphasis on teamwork
• wellness initiatives
• continuing education grants
• employee recognition and assistance programs
• a competitive salary and benefits package
• equal opportunities for growth and development
OSMH is a minimal fragrance workplace. We kindly ask all applicants to refrain from using scented products should they have the occasion to interview with the hospital.
As a condition of employment new employees will be required to present an original vulnerable sector check within 90 days of commencing employment and must sign an Offense Declaration upon receipt of an offer of employment. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
OSMH is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Human Resources Department.