Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (OSMH) is located in the City of Orillia - a beautiful community nestled along the shores of Lake Simcoe and Lake Couchiching. Orillia offers an environment where a health work/life balance is easy to achieve as exceptional urban amenities, natural resources, points of interest, and recreational opportunities abound.
People have always been OSMH’s greatest strength. Our committed team has helped our community for over a century. We offer an environment where each individual works interdependently towards common goals: we believe in Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Engagement. We are an organization where individuals’ contributions are valued and there are many opportunities for personal growth and development.
The Registered Nurse Paediatrics/Neonatal Intensive Care Unit will provide specialty skills as required for:
• Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
• Paediatric Outpatients
• Current general class registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) required.
• Current CPR Certification required.
• Minimum of three (3) years experience working in a paediatrics department/with newborns in
a Level 2 or 3 nursery or combined care unit required.
• Paediatric Advanced Life Support required.
• Neonatal Resuscitation Provider certificate required.
• Preference given to candidates with successful completion of the Neonatal Intensive Care
• Preference given to candidates with a paediatric oncology course.
• Experience with Cerner electronic documentation system an asset.
• Commitment to providing high quality, individualized patient care.
• Ability to form good working relationships with all members of the healthcare team.
• Ability to make intelligent, independent decisions and initiate appropriate action based on
patient-focused best practice guidelines.
• Excellent work performance and attendance record required.
• The successful candidate will have a proven commitment to professional development as
well as to the Mission and Vision of the Hospital. Demonstrates proficiency in written and
verbal communications skills in relation to working with patients across the care continuum.
Our Employees Enjoy
• a professional practice environment
• a collaborative atmosphere with emphasis on teamwork
• wellness initiatives
• continuing education grants
• employee recognition and assistance programs
• a competitive salary and benefits package
• equal opportunities for growth and development
OSMH is a minimal fragrance workplace. We kindly ask all applicants to refrain from using scented products should they have the occasion to interview with the hospital.
As a condition of employment new employees will be required to present an original vulnerable sector check within 90 days of commencing employment and must sign an Offense Declaration upon receipt of an offer of employment. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
OSMH is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Human Resources Department.