Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (OSMH) is located in the City of Orillia - a beautiful community nestled along the shores of Lake Simcoe and Lake Couchiching. Orillia offers an environment where a health work/life balance is easy to achieve as exceptional urban amenities, natural resources, points of interest, and recreational opportunities abound.
People have always been OSMH’s greatest strength. Our committed team has helped our community for over a century. We offer an environment where each individual works interdependently towards common goals: we believe in Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Engagement. We are an organization where individuals’ contributions are valued and there are many opportunities for personal growth and development.
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, the Registered Nurse on IMRS is responsible for providing direct patient care, care plan development, evaluation and co-ordination in accordance with the mission, vision, goals, objectives and policies of the hospital and the Patient Services Department. A dedicated professional, the Registered Nurse exhibits a positive attitude, excellent critical thinking skills and commitment to learning as well as patient/staff safety thus promoting a supportive, respectful and safe work environment.
• Current general class registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) is required.
• Minimum two (2) years acute care experience required.
• Experience in Rehab, Seniors Care and/or Palliative Care preferred
• Member of the IV Team or willing to acquire within two (2) weeks of hire - required.
• Current certification in BCLS - required.
• Must demonstrate use of the nursing process, with a commitment to writing of
individualized patient care plans.
• Successful completion of Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA) training or willing to complete -
• Available to work all shifts, weekdays, weekends and holidays - required.
• Must be able to perform all the duties in the position description.
• Must be prepared and able to work within a fast-paced, highly stressful environment.
• Must demonstrate skills, ability and passion for caring for seniors and seniors’ health issues.
• Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills, professionalism, respect for confidentiality
and flexibility to adapt to crisis situations and change.
• Must be willing to complete all education required for employment on the unit within 6
months of hire.
• Previous work experience on an Acute Stroke Unit or Integrated Stroke Unit - preferred
• Certificate in Gerontology and/or Palliative Care from a recognized college, considered an
• Demonstrates proficiency in written and verbal communications skills in relation to working
with patients across the care continuum.
• Excellent work performance and attendance record - required.
• The successful candidate will have a proven commitment to professional development as
well as to the Mission and Vision of the Hospital.
Our Employees Enjoy
• a professional practice environment
• a collaborative atmosphere with emphasis on teamwork
• wellness initiatives
• continuing education grants
• employee recognition and assistance programs
• a competitive salary and benefits package
• equal opportunities for growth and development
OSMH is a minimal fragrance workplace. We kindly ask all applicants to refrain from using scented products should they have the occasion to interview with the hospital.
As a condition of employment new employees will be required to present an original vulnerable sector check within 90 days of commencing employment and must sign an Offense Declaration upon receipt of an offer of employment. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
OSMH is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Human Resources Department.