Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (OSMH) is located in the City of Orillia - a beautiful community nestled along the shores of Lake Simcoe and Lake Couchiching. Orillia offers an environment where a health work/life balance is easy to achieve as exceptional urban amenities, natural resources, points of interest, and recreational opportunities abound.
People have always been OSMH’s greatest strength. Our committed team has helped our community for over a century. We offer an environment where each individual works interdependently towards common goals: we believe in Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Engagement. We are an organization where individuals’ contributions are valued and there are many opportunities for personal growth and development.
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN) /Registered Practical Nurse (RPN), or other regulated health care professionals, the Personal Support Worker (PSW) performs assigned functions including ADL’s, ambulation, assisting patients with activities. These functions support the health care team in assisting patients in activities of daily living, supports the effective operations of the ALC patient care area. The PSW shall provide patient care consistent with the unit specific duties and statement of limitations of the PSW classification and in accordance with all Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (OSMH) policies and procedures.
• Completion of an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Personal Support Worker Certificate obtained from an accredited college program, obtained
since 1997 required.
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) and Standard First Aid certificates required
• Completion of GPA (Gentle Persuasive Approach) training within past 2 years
• Minimum two to three years work experience in last five years in a hospital, long term care
facility or residential home.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal with the public in a
• Proven commitment to continuous learning and professional growth.
• Ability to function as a team member in a collaborative environment.
• Ability to accept direction and work independently.
• Knowledge of computers and other job related technology.
• Satisfactory work performance and attendance record history.
• Available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
• Available for call-in on short notice
It is a requirement that every member Float Team is available for all shifts.
Our Employees Enjoy
• a professional practice environment
• a collaborative atmosphere with emphasis on teamwork
• wellness initiatives
• continuing education grants
• employee recognition and assistance programs
• a competitive salary and benefits package
• equal opportunities for growth and development
OSMH is a minimal fragrance workplace. We kindly ask all applicants to refrain from using scented products should they have the occasion to interview with the hospital.
As a condition of employment new employees will be required to present an original vulnerable sector check within 90 days of commencing employment and must sign an Offense Declaration upon receipt of an offer of employment. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
OSMH is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Human Resources Department.