PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide executive assistance to the President and CEO in the effective day-to-day management of Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences which frequently involves dealing with confidential and sensitive matters such as: preparing various reports and background briefing notes for the CEO in all aspects of the hospital’s operation; assisting in the promotion and maintenance of good employee/employer relations amongst all Staff, Board Members, Committees within the facility as delegated and in the community with members of the public or other providers.
Support for the Senior Management Team through effective Executive Assistant Team management and workflow, document preparation and archiving.
Support for the Board of Directors, Chair and Secretary of the Corporation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent is responsible for assisting and supporting the CEO by:
• Assist CEO in fact finding, preparing briefing notes, etc. on various issues pertinent to all aspects of the facility’s operation.
• Assist in the promotion and maintenance of good employee/employer relations amongst all staff of the facility
• Open, review and prioritize regular and electronic mail that comes to the CEO, recommending and preparing responses, actions as requested.
• Provide word processing services by typing a variety of correspondence such as letters, memoranda, reports, speeches, minutes and proofreading for accuracy for grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Make all arrangements for meetings, conferences, and education including coordinating and distributing related agenda and materials.
• Take and prepare minutes.
• Maintain appointment calendars, coordinating appointment schedules and making arrangements for travel, accommodation, meetings, conferences and luncheons.
• Assist in various projects assigned by the CEO.
• Implement decisions from various Hospital committees, task forces, etc. on direction from the CEO.
• Participate in the ongoing advancement of the hospital through active involvement on organizational and community strategic planning and implementation activities.
• Assist the CEO in the preparation of communications materials, newsletters, annual reports and other publications.
• Work effectively with Senior Managers and the Executive Assistant Team.
• Assuming other duties as assigned.
Responsibility for management of the Executive Assistant Team:
• Lead the team of Executive Assistants, creating a collaborative, positive and respectful team culture
• Establish and monitor performance/quarterly standards for EA team.
• Performance evaluations and professional development of EAs with VP input.
• Develop and implement standardized workflow and process improvements.
• Workflow and seamless support for the VP client.
• Recommendation/approval of training and education opportunities.
• Vacation coverage and attendance records.
• Ensure a healthy workplace environment.
• Goals and Objectives – team and individual.
• Ensure EA team meets or exceeds expectations of the Senior Management Team and Board.
• Previous management experience.
• Completion of Secretarial Program within a recognized Community College
• 5 years recent experience in a professional environment.
• Typing 60 w.p.m.
• Experience in a mental health or hospital environment.
• Experience with public sector Boards and governance.
• Strong knowledge in administrative principles and practices.
• Knowledge at intermediate to advance Microsoft Office Suite computer skills and internet.
• Excellent grammar, punctuation and spelling skills.
• Knowledge of office equipment.
• Exemplary customer service skills for all interactions
• Strong skills in management of administrative practices.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication including tact and diplomacy when responding to telephones, greeting visitors and attending meetings.
• Excellent proof-reading abilities; attention to detail and follow-up.
• Strong organizational, prioritization and time management abilities to ensure that assignments are completed with deadlines and established time frames.
• Strong planning and coordinating abilities to ensure proper travel schedules, meeting rooms, luncheons are coordinated successfully.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills to determine effective ways to present correspondence, reports, charts, tables and presentations.
• Maintains compliance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act; Corporations Act.
• Accountable for understanding the Confidentiality and Privacy, and Code of Conduct for Ontario Shores.
• Accountable to maintain attendance and flexible time commitment to satisfactorily perform the job.
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
• Judgment and independent decisions to schedule appointments/meetings for CEO.
• Determining what information is confidential and whether or not it should be divulged when responding to inquiries; judgment, sensitivity and empathy in dealing with patients, staff and public.
• Follows procedures and guidelines for Ontario Shores.
Requires intense concentration.
Long periods of sitting