To provide administrative support in the effective day-to-day management of Ontario Shores Center for Mental Health Sciences which frequently involves dealing with confidential and sensitive matters such as: preparing various reports and background briefing notes for the Chief Operating Officer/Chief Financial Officer in all aspects of the Centre’s operation; assisting in the promotion and maintenance of good employee/employer relations amongst all Staff, Board, Committees within the facility as delegated and in the community.
The incumbent is responsible for assisting and supporting the Corporate Executive Assistant / Board and the Chief Operating Officer (COO)/Chief Financial Officer (CFO) by:
• Providing office, project and event management support for the CEA and COO/CFO.
• Assisting in fact finding, preparing briefing notes, etc. on various issues pertinent to all aspects of the facility’s operation.
• Assisting in the promotion and maintenance of good employee/employer relations amongst all staff of the facility.
• Preparing a variety of correspondence and proofreading for accuracy.
• Establishing and maintaining files.
• Preparation of meeting materials including distribution of agenda packages and taking meeting minutes for Board and various Hospital committees.
• Maintaining calendars, coordinating appointment schedules and making travel arrangements and accommodations.
• Implementing decisions from Board, various Hospital committees, task forces, etc. on direction from the COO/CFO.
• Participating in the ongoing redevelopment of the facility by active involvement on facility and
• community strategic planning and implementation committees as assigned by the COO/CFO.
• Providing coverage to Executive Assistants for breaks, vacation and illness.
• Work effectively with Senior Managers and the Executive Assistant Team.
• Responsible to recognize and report patient, staff, and environment safety issues, identify and implement preventative and corrective actions, within the scope of this role.
• Assuming other duties as assigned.
• Completion of Office Administration Program within a recognized Community College
• 3 years recent experience in a professional environment.
• Keyboarding 60 w.p.m.
• Experience in a mental health or hospital environment.
• Job requires strong knowledge in administrative principles and practices
• Job requires knowledge at Intermediate to advance Microsoft Office Suite computer skills and internet.
• Job requires knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
• Job requires knowledge of office equipment.
• Strong skills in management of administrative practices.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and communicating with tact and diplomacy in all interactions.
• Excellent proof-reading abilities.
• Strong organizational, prioritization and time management to ensure that assignments are completed within established time frames.
• Strong planning and coordinating abilities to ensure proper travel schedules, meeting rooms, scheduled luncheons are coordinated successfully.
• Strong judgment, problem solving and analytical skills to determine effective ways to present correspondence, reports, charts, tables and presentations.
• Job requires attention to detail reviewing all materials.
• Maintains compliance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• Accountable for understanding the Confidentiality and Privacy can Code of Conduct for Ontario Shores.
• Accountable to maintain attendance to satisfactorily perform the job.
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
• Job requires freedom to schedule appointments/meeting for CEO.
• Job requires determining what information is confidential and whether or not is should be divulges when responding to inquiries.
• Follows procedures and guidelines for Ontario Shores
Requires intense concentration. Long periods of sitting