Job Posting #23601
About Niagara Region
Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalities and numerous community partners, the Region delivers a range of high quality programs and services to support and advance the well-being of individuals, families and communities within its boundaries. Nestled between the great lakes of Erie and Ontario, the Niagara peninsula features some of Canada’s most fertile agricultural land, the majesty of Niagara Falls and communities that are rich in both history and recreational and cultural opportunities. Niagara boasts dynamic modern cities, Canada’s most developed wine industry, a temperate climate, extraordinary theatre, and some of Ontario’s most breathtaking countryside. An international destination with easy access to its binational U.S. neighbour New York State, Niagara attracts over 14 million visitors annually, as well as a steady stream of new residents and businesses.
Salary Pending Review
Reporting to the Manager, Surveillance and Evaluation, the Program Evaluator is responsible for providing advice and support with regards to qualitative and quantitative evaluation projects.
Working closely with other members of the data and analytics team and program staff, the Program Evaluator strives to have an impact on health and health equity through the evaluation of program effectiveness which informs decisions about future program development and improvement.
The Program Evaluator is involved in evaluation planning, data collection, analysis and synthesis of qualitative and quantitative data collected as well as report writing.
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant discipline in evaluation, sociology, statistics or a related field with a focus on qualitative and quantitative evaluation.
- Training and skills in text mining is an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in program planning and evaluation in a public health or relevant setting.
- Knowledge and expertise with both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and data analysis including critical appraisal skills.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis software such as SPSS, Stata, SAS or R.
- Knowledge of Qualitative analysis software such as NVivo
- Knowledge of survey design
- Credentialed Evaluator designation from the Canadian Evaluation Society is an asset.
- Knowledge of CQI methods and principles is an asset.
Responsibilities1. Develop and implement multiple evaluation projects simultaneously, to evaluate the effectiveness, acceptability and availability of programs and projects in Public Health
- Understand the knowledge base of evaluation (theories, models, types, methods and tools)
- Determine the purpose of evaluation projects and program evaluability
- Frame evaluation questions
- Develop evaluation designs
- Define evaluation methods (quantitative, qualitative or mixed)
- Develop reliable and valid measures/tools or acquire validated/evidence-based evaluation tools
- Identify data sources, collect data, assess validity and reliability of data,
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses with the use of statistical software packages and other software instruments on a variety of available data (e.g. survey data, structured and unstructured Electronic Health Record data, focus group results etc.)
- Draw conclusions, make recommendations, and use appropriate knowledge exchange methods to report evaluation findings, results and recommendations.
2. Coach and support staff in divisions working on evaluations, seeking the support of the Manager of Surveillance and Evaluation and the Manager of Continuous Quality Improvement as needed.
- Manage internal evaluations and quality improvement initiatives using project management methods applied to a range of evaluation approaches (e.g., program logic models, indicator monitoring, developmental evaluations, PDSA, evaluation frameworks, balanced scorecards, results-based management, initiatives associated with accreditation standards)
- Monitor resources
- Assist with the collection, analysis and interpretation of data to inform program planning, evaluation, and the ongoing monitoring of program outputs and outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with the manager and divisional partners to complete customer satisfaction reviews to ensure that service providers offer levels at a standard that complies with the expectations of policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
3. Provide training to internal staff and community partners regarding the appropriate use of quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods
- Provide coordination, training, and support to all users in the areas of quantitative and qualitative evaluation
- Participate in learning development, information sharing, capacity building, and partnership expansion/development opportunities.
4. Research, analyze, synthesize, and apply advances in the program evaluation knowledge base, and knowledge base of related fields.
- Apply professional evaluation standards
- Keep abreast of new methods and techniques
- Be aware of change management principles ,as well as evolution of approaches
- Provide independent and impartial advice to staff working on evaluation projects
- Pursue professional networks and self-development to enhance evaluation practice in Public Health
- Regional staff strive to enable the strategic priorities of council and the organization through the completion of their work. Staff carry out their work by demonstrating the corporate values of service, honesty, choice, partnership and respect.
- Responds to emergency health hazards as defined by the Medical Officer of Health.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply NowEmail to Friend
Email Job Posting
Send Email to
Your Email has been Sent
Back to Job Listings
« Other jobs