Job Posting #23595
Director Resident Care
Important Notice and Amendments
Please note - this vacancy will be at one of our eight long term care homes.
Reporting to the Administrator, the Director of Resident Care is responsible for providing safe, resident focused, quality nursing in the Long Term Care Home to residents, while ensuring compliance with Ministry, legislative, and corporate expectations.
- Must hold a current certificate of registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario at least at the Registered Nurse level
- Post-Secondary degree in Health Services, Administration, Nursing or Equivalent.
- At least 5 years of current related experience in a Long Term Care Home
- At least 5 years of current related experience in management.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills preferred.
- Knowledge of computer software applications, including word processing and spreadsheets, preferably Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of electronic documentation software
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Homes Act and Regulations Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Accreditation Process
ResponsibilitiesManage the nursing department
Adherence to legislation/policies and procedures
Manages people resource planning for the division or operating unit, determining ideal organizational structures, identifying desirable role and skill mix requirements and ensuring ongoing work quality and deliverability of results.
- Enables results with the organization’s human capital strategy to foster employee engagement.
- Directs and provides leadership for the activities and coaching of direct reports, providing work direction, setting priorities, assigning tasks/projects, determining methods and procedures to be used, resolving problems, ensuring results are achieved, and managing staff recruitment, performance, and skill development activities
- Ensures alignment and coordination of activity and quality of output between teams under their direction
- Ensures focus is service excellence, communication/transparency, innovation, and data integrity and work flow integration.
- Ensures staff has the information and resources to make successful plans and decisions.
- Ensures all people related issues, including recruitment, grievances and labour relations issues, are aligned to HR and Corporate standards and practices.
- Helps to break down barriers to employee success, ensuring collaboration and cooperation with other teams within their division and department
- Ensures Occupational Health & Safety policies, programs and practices are implemented, and maintained. This includes workplace inspections, monitoring, accident reporting and investigations, and ensuring any observed hazards or lapses in the functioning of OH&S processes, and other OH&S concerns are responded to promptly.
- Ensures all individuals under supervision have been informed of hazards and instructed on the necessary risk control and emergency response measures
Develops, manages, and administers annual and multi-year Capital and Operating budgets for the operating unit ensuring support of Council’s objectives, financial transparency and accountability, monitoring budget adherence, identifying and explaining variances, and financial reporting is effectively managed in compliance with corporate financial policies.
- Ensure goods and services are acquired in accordance with the procurement policy.
- Authorize, and administer the acquisition of goods and services for the operating unit and direct reports in accordance with the procurement policy and procedures
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate for the vulnerable sector.
- This position requires the incumbent to undergo and pass a Tuberculosis screen as required by the corporation.
- This position must maintain the ability to travel in a timely manner to other offices, work locations, or sites as authorized by the Corporation for business travel.
- Regional staff strive to enable the strategic priorities of council and the organization through the completion of their work. Staff carry out their work by demonstrating the corporate values of service, honesty, choice, partnership and respect.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply NowEmail to Friend
Email Job Posting
Send Email to
Your Email has been Sent
Back to Job Listings
« Other jobs