Job Posting #23596
Community Mental Health Nurse ACTT
Approximate Duration: 6 months
About Niagara Region
Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalities and numerous community partners, the Region delivers a range of high quality programs and services to support and advance the well-being of individuals, families and communities within its boundaries. Nestled between the great lakes of Erie and Ontario, the Niagara peninsula features some of Canada’s most fertile agricultural land, the majesty of Niagara Falls and communities that are rich in both history and recreational and cultural opportunities. Niagara boasts dynamic modern cities, Canada’s most developed wine industry, a temperate climate, extraordinary theatre, and some of Ontario’s most breathtaking countryside. An international destination with easy access to its binational U.S. neighbour New York State, Niagara attracts over 14 million visitors annually, as well as a steady stream of new residents and businesses.
Provide counselling and case management services for individuals with severe and chronic mental health disorders.
Services are provided through clinical settings, home visits, and community/educational presentations.
Advocate for mental health issues and services through assigned committee participation.
- Current Certificate of Competence for a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing (BScN) is preferred.
- An additional post-graduate certificate in Psychiatric Nursing is preferred.
- Current certificate in CPR.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in counseling, case management and psychiatric nursing (community psychiatric experience preferred).
- Requires an ability to communicate effectively with the public and other professionals. Keyboarding skills required.
- Computer literacy is an asset.
- French language skills an asset.
- Must demonstrate an acceptable comfort level in counseling individuals with severe and chronic mental health disorders.
- Must be capable of maintaining professional objectivity in order to perform consistently with the philosophy and objectives of the Community Mental Health Program.
- Must maintain ability to travel in a timely manner to other offices, work locations or sites as authorized by the Corporation for business reasons.
- May be required to work on call and some evening and weekends depending on assignment.
- An annual influenza vaccination is recommended
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply NowEmail to Friend
Email Job Posting
Send Email to
Your Email has been Sent
Back to Job Listings
« Other jobs