Sinai Health (SH) was created in January 2015 through the voluntary amalgamation of Mount Sinai Hospital and Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, with Circle of Care joining as an affiliate.
Business Innovation & Development (BI&D) is one of the key strategic priorities for growth within the Sinai Health operating plan. BI&D has a focus on growing businesses and commercial opportunities that will benefit SHS through revenue generation and technology advancement that align with the values of the system.
Mount Sinai Services (MSS) is one of several key businesses operating within BI&D. MSS provides a variety of research services to a broad array of clients including drug companies, medical device manufacturers and academic researchers. MSS is a growing company with an energetic and resourceful culture.
To support us on our journey, MSS is looking for a dynamic and capable Senior Manager, Client Service Operations.
The Senior Client Service Manager is an essential role within the MSS Client Service effort and the management team itself. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring smooth and positive execution of all existing business, and for Business Development. You will collaborate with the internal MSS team to consistently provide excellent Client Service to all MSS customers. This is a temporary full time position up to 12 months in duration with the possibility of extension.
Leading the Client Service Team
- Leading a team of one or more which may include managers, supervisors and/or coordinators.
- Setting performance goals for team members.
- Providing performance appraisals and ongoing feedback as necessary.
- Overseeing the development of promotional materials.
Maintaining Existing Client Relationships
- Maintaining consistent and positive contact with all MSS clientele, either directly or through the Client Service team.
- Ensuring seamless execution of projects according to agreed upon timelines.
- Conducting operational analyses and financial performance analysis as needed.
- Look for opportunities to expand MSS service footprint within each client organization. Invoice, billing and agreement approval.
General Administration and Communication
- Attends and participates in departmental meetings, events and activities, as requested. Uses independent, professional judgment, and knowledge to respond to inquiries. Consults with senior management or professional staff as needed.
- Exhibits a cooperative attitude, congeniality, flexibility in hours of work, reliability, punctuality, ability to work at a variety of duties and willingness to learning new procedures.
- Identifies business process improvements and influences organizational change. Creates and fosters strong relationships with SH, external and academic stakeholders. Champions the SH brand both internally and externally.
New Business Development
- Maintaining the MSS lead funnel and ensuring that prospects moving through the sales process steadily. Managing the MSS website and internet-based marketing initiatives through direct reports.
- Making recommendations about new prospecting opportunities.
- Collaborating as part of the overall Client Service team.
- Oversee development of quotations and proposal documents.
- Planning and delivering sales presentations.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree in health science, business or related field from an accredited post secondary institution with relevant a minimum of 2 years professional experience in Business Development and Client Service , preferably in healthcare.
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated project, technical account and territory management skills.
- Applicants with proven equivalent recent and related training and experience may be considered.
- Strong understanding of the clinical research process.
- Ability to lead and manage a client service team with the ability to help staff realize their full potential is essential, including the effective management of resources consistent with organizational, department and team goals.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the proven ability to clearly define and articulate requirements, priorities, impacts, and solutions.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work effectively, the ability to work under pressure to and maintain a positive and professional demeanor while meeting all deadlines, conflicting demands, and multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups.
- Proficient with MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history.
All applications must be submitted by no later than 4:00 p.m. of the posting deadline date.
Sinai Health is committed to fostering a culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers. As such, all employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training. In accordance with Sinai Health policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Sinai Health is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at any Sinai Health site. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by Sinai Health’s accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation.firstname.lastname@example.org