In 2015, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, Circle of Care, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and Mount Sinai Hospital, came together to form Sinai Health System – and leverage our collective expertise and create a system that better responds to the changing needs of our patients, families and clients. Sinai Health has a bold vision and strategy for the future: To create Canada’s leading health system pushing the boundaries to realize the best health and care for complex patients.
A key enabler of this vision is Sinai Health’s People Plan – which provides an explicit commitment to our people about our commitment to creating a workplace culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to ultimately provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers.
To support us on our journey, the Support Services department is looking for a SA Clinical Housekeeping Attendant to join its team at the Mount Sinai Hospital Site.
The SA/Clinical Housekeeping Attendant performs a variety of housekeeping duties to maintain the patient and clinical areas of the hospital. Housekeeping duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs a variety of housekeeping activities to ensure a clean and safe patient care environment
- Monitors unit inventory and restocks items as required
- Executes routine and terminal cleaning of isolated areas
- Conducts terminal cleaning of wards following outbreaks or increased evidence of infection
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Successful completion of a high school diploma
- 1 year of housekeeping attendant experience (preferred)
- Ability to take direction and work co-operatively in a fast paced team environment
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with patients/families/co-workers
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position in order to perform the essential duties of the job which requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, and lifting of patients/equipment for extended periods of time
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and read using English in order to effectively perform essential requirements of this position
- Ability to be flexible/adaptable in a quickly changing work environment
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history
All applications must be submitted by no later than 4:00 p.m. of the posting deadline date.
Sinai Health is committed to fostering a culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers. As such, all employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training. In accordance with Sinai Health policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Sinai Health is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at any Sinai Health site. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by Sinai Health’s accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation.email@example.com