This is a temporary part-time assignment for approximately five (5) months.
In 2015, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, Circle of Care, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and Mount Sinai Hospital, came together to form Sinai Health - and leverage our collective expertise and create a system that better responds to the changing needs of our patients, families and clients. Sinai Health has a bold vision and strategy for the future: To create Canada’s leading integrated health system pushing the boundaries to realize the best health and care from healthy beginnings to healthy aging for people with complex health needs.
A key enabler of this vision is Sinai Health’s People Plan – which provides an explicit commitment to our people about our commitment to creating a workplace culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to ultimately provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers.
To support us on our journey, Sinai Health System is looking for a Registered Nurse to support our Labour and Delivery team at our Mount Sinai Hospital Campus. The Labour and Delivery Unit is a tertiary level care centre in Toronto. We deliver approximately 6500 patients and their families each year. Registered Nurses’ positions are a challenging combination of Perinatal and Perioperative nursing skills.
- Current certificate of registration with the College of Nurses’ of Ontario
- BScN (preferred)
- Current BCLS
- Preference will be given to applicants with recent labour and delivery experience; consideration for hire may also be given to nursing graduates who have completed their practicum consolidation in labour and delivery
- Completion of or current enrollment in a perinatal certificate course (college-level) or Canadian Nurses’ Association’s (CNA) Perinatal Certification preferred:
- Applicants with less than one (1) year of labour and delivery experience must commit to obtaining their perinatal certificate within (two) years from their date of hire
- Active Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) provider status; applicants not currently enrolled in the NRP program may be considered – as a condition of hire the NRP course must be successfully completed within three (3) months of hire
- Successful Fetal Health Surveillance in Labour (FHSL) course completion; applicants not currently enrolled in the FHSL program may be considered – as a condition of hire the FHSL course must be successfully completed within three (3) months of hire
- Commitment to professional practice and personal development
- Commitment to shared leadership and team-based decision making
- Demonstrated excellent critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to patient and family centred care
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history
All applications must be submitted by no later than 4:00 p.m. of the posting deadline date.
Sinai Health is committed to fostering a culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers. As such, all employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training. In accordance with Sinai Health policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Sinai Health is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at any Sinai Health site. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by Sinai Health’s accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation.email@example.com