In 2015, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, Circle of Care, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and Mount Sinai Hospital, came together to form Sinai Health - and leverage our collective expertise and create a system that better responds to the changing needs of our patients, families and clients. Sinai Health has a bold vision and strategy for the future: To create Canada’s leading integrated health system pushing the boundaries to realize the best health and care from healthy beginnings to healthy aging for people with complex health needs.
A key enabler of this vision is Sinai Health’s People Plan – which provides an explicit commitment to our people about our commitment to creating a workplace culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to ultimately provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers.
To support us on our journey, Sinai Health System is looking for a Registered Nurse to support our Intensive Care Unit at Mount Sinai Hospital.
The Intensive Care Unit is committed to Critical Care Services Ontario’s Practice Standards for Critical Care Nursing in Ontario. The Intensive Care unit is an active adult 16-bed critical care unit; we provide exceptional patient and family-centred care for a variety of critically ill medical-surgical, high-risk obstetrical, and oncology patients.
- Current certificate of registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- BScN (preferred)
- Completion of Level 3 Critical Care Nursing Certificate from an accredited academic institution
- Current/recent 1 - 2 years Adult Medical/Surgical experience
- Current BCLS certificate
- Current ACLS certificate
- Sound knowledge base and demonstrated skill in:
- advanced assessment and documentation
- chest tube management
- arrhythmia interpretations
- hemodynamic monitoring
- mechanical ventilation
- dialysis (preferred)
- set-up and assistance in bedside procedures e.g. central line insertions, intubations, etc.
- monitoring and transporting critically ill patients for inter-facility transfers
- Commitment to patient and family centred care, professional practice, personal development, shared leadership and team based decision making
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to function independently and collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Skilled at multi-tasking with excellent critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated excellent work performance and attendance history
All applications must be submitted by no later than 4:00 p.m. of the posting deadline date.
Sinai Health is committed to fostering a culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers. As such, all employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training. In accordance with Sinai Health policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Sinai Health is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at any Sinai Health site. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by Sinai Health’s accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation.email@example.com