This is a temporary full-time assignment for six (6) months).
In 2015, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, Circle of Care, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and Mount Sinai Hospital, came together to form Sinai Health System – and leverage our collective expertise and create a system that better responds to the changing needs of our patients, families and clients. Sinai Health has a bold vision and strategy for the future: To create Canada’s leading health system pushing the boundaries to realize the best health and care for complex patients. A key enabler of this vision is Sinai Health’s People Plan – which provides an explicit commitment to our people about our commitment to creating a workplace culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to ultimately provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers.
To support us on our journey, Sinai Health System is looking for a Registered Nurse - EOPS (PACU Portion) to support our EOPS team at our Mount Sinai Hospital Campus.
The EOPS - PACU is a combined PACU, Surgical Admission and Day Surgery area and is open Monday to Friday, 0600 – 1700 hours. This unit receives elective surgery patients immediately postoperatively from the 2 OR’s, and patients from other areas of the hospital where it is necessary to give deep sedation or general anesthesia. The Day Surgery area discharges patients following less invasive surgery and is a combination of stretchers and recliners for patients’ transition to home. Nurses in PACU are rotated between all areas as needed, dependent on numbers and patient acuity.
- Current certificate of registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- BScN (preferred)
- Critical Care Certification
- Current BCLS
- ACLS certification or a commitment to obtain within one year of hire
- 1 - 2 years recent experience in PACU or Critical Care area (i.e. management of airway and haemodynamic monitoring)
- 1 - 2 years recent experience in acute pain management and use of IV/Epidural PCA
- 1 - 2 years recent experience in Venous Access
- Commitment to professional practice and personal development
- Commitment to shared leadership and team based decision making
- Commitment to patient and family centre care
- Demonstrated excellent critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills
- Superior interpersonal, communication, time management and priority setting skills
- Supports resource utilization and management
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history
All applications must be submitted by no later than 4:00 p.m. of the posting deadline date.
Sinai Health is committed to fostering a culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers. As such, all employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training. In accordance with Sinai Health policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Sinai Health is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at any Sinai Health site. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by Sinai Health’s accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation.firstname.lastname@example.org