This is a temporary part-time assignment for approximately one (1) year.
In 2015, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, Circle of Care, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and Mount Sinai Hospital, came together to form Sinai Health System – and leverage our collective expertise and create a system that better responds to the changing needs of our patients, families and clients. Sinai Health has a bold vision and strategy for the future: To create Canada’s leading health system pushing the boundaries to realize the best health and care for complex patients.
A key enabler of this vision is Sinai Health’s People Plan – which provides an explicit commitment to our people about our commitment to creating a workplace culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to ultimately provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers.
To support us on our journey, Sinai Health System is looking for a Registered Nurse to support 12 South – Inpatient Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital.
We are a 24 bed General Medicine unit. Our clients range from individuals diagnosed with simple pneumonia to those with complex acute and chronic illnesses. The population in the General Medicine offers staff nurses opportunities to acquire specialized knowledge in the areas of respiratory, medicine, oncology and palliative care, pain management, geriatrics and, wound and skin care.
- Current certificate of registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS
- BScN (preferred)
- Previous clinical experience working with patients with acute and chronic illnesses
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth and development evidenced by membership in professional organizations, CNA certification, etc.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Proven ability to work effectively and independently under stressful conditions and within a team
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal and customer services skills with the ability to effectively resolve conflict
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Previous experience or involvement in process improvement initiatives preferred
- Highly adaptable to change and innovation with demonstrated change management experience preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to:The Patient Experience, Quality and Safety, Financial Health, and Access and Efficiency preferred
- Commitment to comply with patient and staff safety policies and procedures, (e.g. completes and participates in follow up on safety reports)
- Demonstrated competence with clinical/system computer applications e.g. Cerner, RM & R preferred
- Demonstrated competence with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel preferred
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history
All applications must be submitted by no later than 4:00 p.m. of the posting deadline date.
Sinai Health is committed to fostering a culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers. As such, all employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training. In accordance with Sinai Health policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Sinai Health is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at any Sinai Health site. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by Sinai Health’s accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation.email@example.com