This is a temporary full time position for approximately six (6) months.
In 2015, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, Circle of Care, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and Mount Sinai Hospital, came together to form Sinai Health System – and leverage our collective expertise and create a system that better responds to the changing needs of our patients, families and clients. Sinai Health has a bold vision and strategy for the future: To create Canada’s leading health system pushing the boundaries to realize the best health and care for complex patients. A key enabler of this vision is Sinai Health’s People Plan – which provides an explicit commitment to our people about our commitment to creating a workplace culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to ultimately provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers.
To support us on our journey, Sinai Health System is looking for a Breast Imaging Technologist to support our Joint Department of Medical Imaging (JDMI) team at our Mount Sinai Hospital Campus. As an integral member of the Joint Department of Medical Imaging (JDMI) team you will perform various breast imaging procedures at Mount Sinai Hospital. The department features state-of-the-art digital technology and a team of innovative staff dedicated to patient care and superb image quality, backed by a commitment to continuing education and quality assurance program initiatives. The Breast Imaging Division is a Mammography Accredited Centre with The Canadian Association of Radiologists (CAR), American College of Radiologists (ACR), and also an Ontario Breast Screening Program (OBSP) site. The Breast Imaging Technologist will report to the Breast Imaging Charge Technologist and adhere to respective institutional policies and procedures.
- Performs high quality breast imaging procedures using digital equipment in a fast-pace and evolving environment
- Performs screening and diagnostic mammography as well as breast interventional procedures
- Ensures ongoing digital quality assurance that meets mammography accreditation standards
- Demonstrates a commitment to high quality person-centred care ensuring respectful and effective communication with patients, care givers, and team members
- Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to continuing education that meets CAR and Hospital/JDMI requirements
- Participates in related teaching and orientation
- Candidates must be flexible to rotate to other breast imaging corporate sites and work additional/varied hours as required
- Performs duties related to the job classification as required
- Current Registration with College of Medical Radiation Technologists on Ontario (CMRTO)
- Current membership with the CAMRT
- Successful completion of Mammography 1 and 2 certificates from the CAMRT
- Completion of a BCLS program within the past 12 months, Level II: Basic Rescuer Certification
- Completion of over 15 hours of continuing education in Mammography within the past 3 years and a commitment to ongoing continuing education that meets the CAR and Hospital/JDMI requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience in Digital Radiography and Digital equipment quality control (preferred)
- Previous working experience at an OBSP Facility including experience in performing OBSP digital quality control (preferred)
- Previous working experience at a CAR Mammography Accredited Facility and a CAR Mammography approved member (preferred)
- Previous breast ultrasound experience (preferred)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; Outlook in particular to ensure efficient email management to maintain Department and Hospital communication
- Proven ability to prioritize and communicate respectfully within a supportive team environment
- Strong technical skills, multi-tasking, and ability to use good judgment to ensure work supports optimal person-centred care
- Ability to work accurately, safely, and efficiently in a fast paced, high patient volume setting; flexible and adaptable with the ability to accommodate unexpected situations while maintaining excellent image quality
- Commitment to continuous process improvement; demonstrated ability to apply constructive feedback to achieve proactive quality/process improvements
- Strong written and verbal communications skills including relevant and accurate clinical documentation capabilities
- Proven ability to learn new skills, adapt to process changes and participate in teaching new staff and students
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history
All applications must be submitted by no later than 4:00 p.m. of the posting deadline date.
Sinai Health is committed to fostering a culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers. As such, all employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training. In accordance with Sinai Health policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Sinai Health is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at any Sinai Health site. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by Sinai Health’s accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation.firstname.lastname@example.org