In 2015, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, Circle of Care, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and Mount Sinai Hospital, came together to form Sinai Health System – and leverage our collective expertise and create a system that better responds to the changing needs of our patients, families and clients. Sinai Health has a bold vision and strategy for the future: To create Canada’s leading health system pushing the boundaries to realize the best health and care for complex patients.
A key enabler of this vision is Sinai Health’s People Plan – which provides an explicit commitment to our people about our commitment to creating a workplace culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to ultimately provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers.
To support us on our journey, Sinai Health is looking for a Physiotherapist to support our Intensive Care Unit and Emergency Department at our Mount Sinai Hospital Campus.
The duties of this staff Physiotherapists are primarily clinical. The caseload consists of inpatients admitted to the Intensive Care Unit and consults in the Emergency Department on the weekends or holidays. Providing Physiotherapy assessment and/or treatment may be required on other inpatient units such as medicine, surgery, and orthopaedics. There is the potential for week day work if available.
The duties of a casual Physiotherapist are primarily clinical. Clinical duties include and are not limited to:
- Assessment, planning and therapeutic intervention for an assigned patient caseload according to physiotherapy scope of practice.
- Appropriate documentation of physiotherapy activities
- Cardiorespiratory treatment, as appropriate
- Discharging planning
- Record workload measurement
- Supervision of Physiotherapy Assistants as per college guidelines
- Participation in inter-professional clinics, rounds and discussions
- Participation in teaching students from other disciplines
- Mentoring of fellow colleagues, if appropriate
- Assist with other department/unit responsibilities or duties, as required
- Coverage of other areas may be required
- Current registration and active membership/license in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
- Cardiorespiratory assessment and treatment
- One (1) year of recent and related experience in the treatment of clients/patients preferred
- Excellent physiotherapy clinical skills with a broad variety of diagnostic groups including skills working with a geriatric population.
- Membership in the Canadian Physiotherapy Association preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; professional, diplomatic and confident with a proven ability to work with individuals across all levels of the organization and external stakeholders
- Strong experience in interdisciplinary education.
- Experience and skill in complex decision making processes and in advancing best practice initiatives and exploration of innovative models of care.
- Proven experience in self-reflective learning and skill in ability to adapt and respond effectively to change.
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history.
All applications must be submitted by no later than 4:00 p.m. of the posting deadline date.
Sinai Health is committed to fostering a culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers. As such, all employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training. In accordance with Sinai Health policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Sinai Health is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at any Sinai Health site. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by Sinai Health’s accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation.firstname.lastname@example.org