In 2015, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, Circle of Care, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and Mount Sinai Hospital, came together to form Sinai Health System – and leverage our collective expertise and create a system that better responds to the changing needs of our patients, families and clients. Sinai Health has a bold vision and strategy for the future: To create Canada’s leading health system pushing the boundaries to realize the best health and care for complex patients.
A key enabler of this vision is Sinai Health’s People Plan – which provides an explicit commitment to our people about our commitment to creating a workplace culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to ultimately provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers.
To support us on our journey, Sinai Health System is looking for a Payroll Advisor to support our Payroll department at our Mount Sinai Hospital Campus.
The Payroll Advisor performs a variety of functions relating to payroll processing.
- Processes payments to outside vendors, payments for new hires and existing staff, transfers, leave of absences, terminations, pay corrections and the distribution of pay advice and any other related documents
- Assists with training key stakeholders e.g. Payroll team, timekeepers, etc., in relation to issues such as pay and time sheets
- Responds to a variety of queries from employees, manager and government organizations and assists with the resolution of related issues
- Assists with the administration of Human Resources policies, collective agreements and legislation to payroll issues
- Successful completion of relevant post-secondary education from an accredited educational institution
- Successful completion of Canadian Payroll Association course
- Canadian Payroll Association certification in good standing
- 3 years’ of recent payroll experience in a unionized organization employing at least 500 individuals (preferred)
- Proficient using:
- Human Resources Information Systems
- Microsoft Office e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook
- Payroll Software
- Demonstrated customer service focus with the ability to efficiently and effectively respond to queries and compose a variety of issue specific correspondence
- Ability to administer payroll according to Hospital interpretation, Human Resources policies, collective agreements and legislation pertaining to payroll issues (e.g. Human Resources Development Canada regulations)
- Well organized, detailed minded with a mathematical aptitude and the ability to handle a wide variety of tasks accurately and efficiently with minimal direction in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and read using English in order to effectively perform essential requirements of this position
- Demonstrated satisfactory job performance and attendance history.
All applications must be submitted by no later than 4:00 p.m. of the posting deadline date.
Sinai Health is committed to fostering a culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers. As such, all employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training. In accordance with Sinai Health policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Sinai Health is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at any Sinai Health site. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by Sinai Health’s accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation.email@example.com