In 2015, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, Circle of Care, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and Mount Sinai Hospital, came together to form Sinai Health System – and leverage our collective expertise and create a system that better responds to the changing needs of our patients, families and clients. Sinai Health has a bold vision and strategy for the future: To create Canada’s leading health system pushing the boundaries to realize the best health and care for complex patients.
A key enabler of this vision is Sinai Health’s People Plan – which provides an explicit commitment to our people about our commitment to creating a workplace culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to ultimately provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers.
To support us on our journey, Sinai Health System is looking for an experienced and dedicated Medical Secretary to support a busy and dynamic clinical practice within the Department of Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital. In this role, the successful applicant will be expected to exercise sound judgment and independence while managing the day-to-day related administrative activities.
The Medical Secretary will demonstrate a strong commitment to quality customer service, applying excellent problem solving and communication skills to ensure the success of a physician’s clinical practice within the Department of Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital.
The Medical Secretary will be responsible for:
- Scheduling of patient appointments, tests and operative procedures
- Preparation and maintenance of patient charts, including orderly filing of all results and correspondences received
- Review of telephone, facsimile, surface mail and email messages including charting and physician notification
- Forwards information to other physicians respecting patient confidentiality and privacy including retrieval of release of information documents as necessary
- Validation of OHIP health cards and MSH cards
- Management of billing for procedures not covered by OHIP
- Preparation and reconciliation of OHIP billing information
- Maintenance of physician calendars and schedules and process all dictated clinical notes (i.e. fax to referring physicians)
- Functions in the front line, public relations role providing timely, friendly and informative service
- Works collaboratively with other administrative support staff
- Participates in other miscellaneous administrative duties as assigned
- Successful completion of a college diploma in a related field from an accredited educational institution.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience preferably working within a clinic/health environment
- Applicants with proven equivalent recent and related training and experience may be considered
- Proficiency with medical terminology and medical dicta-typing preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Demonstrated work ethic; positive, client focused attitude; superior professionalism; dependability and reliability; demonstrated commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Superior written/oral communication and presentation skills; excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills; ability to effectively convey factual information and detailed explanations
- Superior time management, organizational and self-planning skills displaying flexibility by adjusting work schedules according to changing priorities, meeting demanding deadlines and producing high quality work
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions, exercise good judgment, discretion and initiative when dealing with confidential information and/or in responding to inquiries
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history
All applications must be submitted by no later than 4:00 p.m. of the posting deadline date.
Sinai Health is committed to fostering a culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers. As such, all employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training. In accordance with Sinai Health policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Sinai Health is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at any Sinai Health site. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by Sinai Health’s accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation.email@example.com