This Temporary Part-time position is expected to last up to Six (6) months.
In 2015, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, Circle of Care, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and Mount Sinai Hospital, came together to form Sinai Health – and leverage our collective expertise and create a system that better responds to the changing needs of our patients, families and clients. Sinai Health has a bold vision and strategy for the future: To create Canada’s leading health system pushing the boundaries to realize the best health and care for complex patients.
A key enabler of this vision is Sinai Health’s People Plan – which provides an explicit commitment to our people about our commitment to creating a workplace culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to ultimately provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers.
To support us on our journey, Sinai Health is looking for Four (4) MDRD Technicians to support our Medical Device Reprocessing department at our Mount Sinai Campus.
- Responsible for the appropriate transfer, receipt, documentation, storage, organization and processing of all surgical instrumentation, equipment and other sterile supplies
- Checks key inputs (e.g. detergent level, appropriate detergent/high level disinfectant type, printer paper) and outputs (e.g. cycle parameters, quality check as it relates to cleanliness and functionality, etc.) ensures proper equipment functionality
- Ensures an appropriate decontamination, cleaning, preparation and assembly of instrumentation and supplies with strict adherence to appropriate departmental standards, policies and procedures to maintain safe patient care
- Reprocesses rigid and flexible scopes for cystoscopy area, laparoscopic equipment and other delicate operating room equipment
- Reprocesses surgical equipment in areas outside of the main OR such as Cysto and EOPS
- Picks cases for the main ORs as well as Cysto and EOPS
- Daily control and monitoring of inventory levels; ensures accessibility and replenishes sterile medical and surgical supplies as well as detergents and accessories for the reprocessing area
- Performs key functionality tests such as Bio Indicator (B.I). and Chemical Indicator’s (C.I.) for various apparatus and reprocessing equipment
- Ensures a qualitative output that meets the Hospital, provincial and federal healthcare standards and guidelines
- Distributes supplies and equipment to the OR area
- Stocks instrument room
- Performs other duties consistent with the job classification
- Sterile Processing Certificate from an accredited community college, preferably with a practical placement component
- Successful completion of high school diploma
- Good knowledge of surgical instruments and procedures
- 1-2 years’ of recent and relevant hands-on experience in a Sterile Processing environment preferred
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology and surgical set requirements
- Thorough knowledge of OR instrumentation and medical/surgical supplies
- In-depth knowledge of aseptic methods and practices
- Ability to take direction, work cooperatively in a fast paced team environment, and work independently and prioritize workloads
- Good understanding of quality control/assurance and ability to consistently deliver a high quality product
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment with the ability to complete tasks within scheduled times
- Above average attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position in order to perform the essential duties of the job which requires lifting/pushing (up to 25 lbs) and standing (up to 7.5 hours) for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work with organic and inorganic residues such as blood and other bodily fluids and secretions seen on medical devices
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to demonstrate computer experience and knowledge preferably with instrument tracking systems
- Must be able to obtain a minimum of 65% in a job related exercise including the instrument recognition portion of it
- Excellent customer service focus
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and read using English in order to effectively perform essential requirements of this position
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history
All applications must be submitted by no later than 4:00 p.m. of the posting deadline date.
Sinai Health is committed to fostering a culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers. As such, all employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training. In accordance with Sinai Health policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Sinai Health is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at any Sinai Health site. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by Sinai Health’s accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation.email@example.com