Sinai Health has a bold vision and strategy for the future: To create Canada’s leading integrated health system pushing the boundaries to realize the best health and care from healthy beginnings to healthy aging for people with complex health needs. A key enabler of this vision is Sinai Health’s People Plan – which provides an explicit commitment to our people about our commitment to creating a workplace culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to ultimately provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers.
These are unprecedented times in health care and the COVID-19 pandemic has created an ongoing need for Health Care Screeners. The safety and well-being of our people and our patients remains the key principle of our planning and preparedness during COVID-19. Based on Toronto Public Health testing requirements and contact tracing data, we continue to actively screen individuals entering our buildings
This is a temporary assignment which is expected to last for approximately six (6) months.
Health Care Screeners are stationed at entrances available to employees, physicians, learners and contractors as well as patients and visitors. In this role, Health Care Screeners proactively confirm attestations from employees, physicians, learners and contractors and screen patients and visitors in accordance with the most up-to-date Toronto Public health guidelines prior to allowing entrance to our buildings and the assessment centre. Health Care Screeners may be stationed at elevators to assist in controlling flow and maintaining safe physical distancing in elevator lobby for staff, patients and visitors.
- Collaborate with the Screening Team Lead(s) and broader Screening team to ensure all Toronto Public Health screening requirements and Sinai Health protocols are adhered to as individual enter and exit our buildings.
- Provide clear wayfinding and follow-up instructions to individuals entering and exiting the building as required in accordance with established protocols.
- Redirect and escalate any unique inquiries or requests to the Screening Team Lead as appropriate.
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge of required policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in process improvements and offer feedback and suggestions regarding screening processes as they evolve to adapt to Toronto Public Health requirements.
- Direct people toward the line to wait for the elevators and ensure people are maintaining physical distancing
- Manage traffic flow in the elevator lobby including: pressing button to call elevators, allowing passengers to exit elevators before people enter
- Ensure that elevator physical distancing protocols are being following by limiting and managing passenger count established as required
- Ensure during peak hours and throughout the day, all high touch points near elevators are being cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected
- Assist patients & visitors with directions to destination
- Performing other duties consistent with the position, as required.
- Successful completion of a high school diploma or equivalent from a recognized educational institution.
- A minimum of one (1) year of recent and related customer service experience preferably working within a large and complex healthcare environment.
- Applicants with proven equivalent recent and related training and experience may be considered.
- Proven commitment to high quality customer service with the ability to work effectively in a team environment and with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong communication and prioritization skills to support the efficient and effective application of Toronto Public Health screening requirements and Sinai Health protocols.
- Strong work ethic, professional, diplomatic and dependable with the demonstrated ability to adapt to changing requirements.
- Skilled at setting priorities and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven ability to make decisions, exercise judgment and take initiative in dealing with employees, physicians, learners, contractors, patients and visitors.
- Flexible with the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, multitasking and dynamic environment.
- Willingness to wear Personal Protective Equipment (face shield, mask, gloves, etc.) as required.
- Ability to sit, walk and stand to effectively perform essential requirements of this position.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and read using English in order to effectively perform essential requirements of this position.
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history.
All applications must be submitted by no later than 4:00 p.m. of the posting deadline date.
Sinai Health is committed to fostering a culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers. As such, all employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training. In accordance with Sinai Health policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Sinai Health is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at any Sinai Health site. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by Sinai Health’s accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation.email@example.com